The Student Room Group

I've never had a single friend

Growing up ugly and poor, I never had a single friend. I still don't. Anyone similar?

Scroll to see replies

more like its hard to have deep connections and you have less in common with others
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
more like its hard to have deep connections and you have less in common with others

Nah it's because I am ugly and poor. My personality is decent
Yep that's me but ah well I will meet lots of people over time. Just don't think about the negatives too much
Nah it's because I am ugly and poor. My personality is decent

you 100% can make friends if you have a personality
Reply 5

My looks and how poor I am- make people avoid me regardless

Yep that's me but ah well I will meet lots of people over time. Just don't think about the negatives too much

I've never had friends in primary school, high school and sixth form. Story of my life
Never had an actual friend. One day, a person who I thought was my friend said to me "at least I can afford to look nice." And she didn't want to be friends with me because im "disgusting to look at" and because my parents don't work. Like what?

I think I have a very good personality but my anxiety could never speak to someone for more than 5 seconds. Could not speak to someone properly after that day.
Reply 7
I plan to go to university in September

What I learned from my miserable 19 years of existence is that Life is unfair and cruel
Never had an actual friend. One day, a person who I thought was my friend said to me "at least I can afford to look nice." And she didn't want to be friends with me because im "disgusting to look at" and because my parents don't work. Like what?

I think I have a very good personality but my anxiety could never speak to someone for more than 5 seconds. Could not speak to someone properly after that day.

Guys can we just make friends with other poor people...
Reply 9

That's so sad. What physical feature (s) causes you to have anxiety?
Growing up ugly and poor, I never had a single friend. I still don't. Anyone similar?

Hey well you can always find friends here on TSR ☺️👋🏼
I plan to go to university in September

What I learned from my miserable 19 years of existence is that Life is unfair and cruel

Hope things brighten up for you. I never had friends friends I just managed to get along well with everyone. I don't consider myself poor but yet again my pocket money was £5 annually but I was happy. I couldn't go on trips, hang out with people because they spend money or visit "friend's houses". I do come from a low-income family and most of our income goes towards paying groceries and bills. From my experience (I am not negating your experience in any sense) but I feel like the idea of "poor" is mainly a mindset. Yes, I don't have enough money like everyone else and I can' experience what they can. But still things could be worse.

Don't get me started on you being ugly. I bet (the lil money i have) YOU ARE HANDSOME/BEAUTIFUL. Personally, I have days where I think I am the worst-looking human and there are days when I think I am a beauty guru. The idea of beauty is but a social construct. If you believe in God (like I do), something that has helped me in the past is knowing that God creates only beautiful things. I am a being created by God therefore I must be beautiful. If anyone tells you otherwise they need to look in the mirror themselves.
im starting to think this is a troll post and this is kind of an insult

As a fellow person whose parents don't work and never been in Higher education. A word of advice don't tell people that your parents don't work. People are judgemental. I am sure you have a wonderful personality and that your parents are great people. Similar to OP I struggled to make friends but recently I made a really strong group of friends yet they still don't know about my parents. They are friends with me not my parents. When the topic does come up I tend to avoid it if possible it is only in rare cases I let people know.

Regarding clothing, I am a person that opts to wear comfy clothes over fashionista vibes. However, my dad taught me depending on the people I would hang out with on the day I would adjust what I am wearing. I do that to avoid unnecessary and discriminatory comments.

I am sure you were looking beuatiful/handsome on that day. That "friend" just wanted an excuse to no longer be a friend.
That's so sad. What physical feature (s) causes you to have anxiety?

My weight probably one the biggest factors. For some reason people always point that out. Just the way my face is shaped but I can't change it. My smile, my hair, height is another one, I don't know why I get anxious about that.
Not really. I fantasize about having friends. And a boyfriend too. Going to cafes, watching movies or playing video-games together, talking about life or interests. Having someone genuinely care about me, traveling and studying together. One day I will end my suffering. Being ugly and poor is not worth living.

dyu wanna talk about it :hugs:

my pm's are open for everybody (but i also know what you are going through)
Hope things brighten up for you. I never had friends friends I just managed to get along well with everyone. I don't consider myself poor but yet again my pocket money was £5 annually but I was happy. I couldn't go on trips, hang out with people because they spend money or visit "friend's houses". I do come from a low-income family and most of our income goes towards paying groceries and bills. From my experience (I am not negating your experience in any sense) but I feel like the idea of "poor" is mainly a mindset. Yes, I don't have enough money like everyone else and I can' experience what they can. But still things could be worse.

Don't get me started on you being ugly. I bet (the lil money i have) YOU ARE HANDSOME/BEAUTIFUL. Personally, I have days where I think I am the worst-looking human and there are days when I think I am a beauty guru. The idea of beauty is but a social construct. If you believe in God (like I do), something that has helped me in the past is knowing that God creates only beautiful things. I am a being created by God therefore I must be beautiful. If anyone tells you otherwise they need to look in the mirror themselves.

I am poor and I'm so ugly. I removed all the mirrors from the home. I don't want to look in the mirror.
People avoid me. Always. That's how ugly I am. Nobody wants me as a friend. No man wants me as his girlfriend. It's a hard life.
im starting to think this is a troll post and this is kind of an insult

Even if it is. People like me are coming here and its like a mini therapy gc :biggrin:
My weight probably one the biggest factors. For some reason people always point that out. Just the way my face is shaped but I can't change it. My smile, my hair, height is another one, I don't know why I get anxious about that.

What's your gender?
I am poor and I'm so ugly. I removed all the mirrors from the home. I don't want to look in the mirror.
People avoid me. Always. That's how ugly I am. Nobody wants me as a friend. No man wants me as his girlfriend. It's a hard life.

OMIGOD I RELATE TO THE MIRROR THING. Sometimes I go months without looking myself that I think I look one way but in reality I look like something else.
I don't know if this helps but no man wants me as their girlfriend either. What I like to think sometimes is that I am too good and they have yet to discover that. #SinglePringle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending