The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

What's the weather like in Manchester?

Tryna plan ahead and sort clothes to take with me to Manchester when I move there so just wondering what the weather is generally like? I'm assuming it'll be colder than London where I currently live... anyone got any ideas of what the weather's like?
Reply 1
Hi,

Manchester is know for being a rainy city, its very hit or miss but in the summer its usually decent weather and get get really warm too. Winter is miserable and wet.

My biggest advice is dont take a coat on a night out unless you want to stand out lol. Its not that much colder up here, youl get used to it.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by napqueen
Hi,

Manchester is know for being a rainy city, its very hit or miss but in the summer its usually decent weather and get get really warm too. Winter is miserable and wet.

My biggest advice is dont take a coat on a night out unless you want to stand out lol. Its not that much colder up here, youl get used to it.

Haha thanks for the advice on nights out
Original post by Anonymous
Tryna plan ahead and sort clothes to take with me to Manchester when I move there so just wondering what the weather is generally like? I'm assuming it'll be colder than London where I currently live... anyone got any ideas of what the weather's like?

It's not the worst part of the north because we're protected by the Pennines, so not as bad with wind and rain when you compare to the North East. It's a few degrees colder than London generally, I wouldn't say you have to change too much.
Reply 4
It's pretty much exactly the same. Britain's climate doesn't change that much.

Yeah, it's a couple of degrees cooler and there might be a little more rain, but it's only 200 miles away, is not as if you're crossing a continent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending