The Student Room Group

LNAT for 2022 entry

hey im a year 12 student going into year 13 and i want to get into law school but i was planning on taking the lnat next year but apparently im supposed to be taking it now. can anyone clarify?

Scroll to see replies

I didn’t take it but was looking into it. You can take it even after applying to law schools, they will wait on you getting your result to decided whether give you a place tho. You can do it now and get it over and done with but when I was looking I was booking it for November and I had already sent my uni applications by then. I was also in uni group chats for law and a lot of people were waiting in jan for results but I guess it’s better to take earlier than later as you won’t have to balance lnat and normal school work/mocks. If you don’t want to take it then just avoid unis that ask for it. That leaves you with Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, leeds, Cardiff and exeter out of the Russel groups
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lero.2002
I didn’t take it but was looking into it. You can take it even after applying to law schools, they will wait on you getting your result to decided whether give you a place tho. You can do it now and get it over and done with but when I was looking I was booking it for November and I had already sent my uni applications by then. I was also in uni group chats for law and a lot of people were waiting in jan for results but I guess it’s better to take earlier than later as you won’t have to balance lnat and normal school work/mocks. If you don’t want to take it then just avoid unis that ask for it. That leaves you with Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, leeds, Cardiff and exeter out of the Russel groups

which uni did you end up going if you dont mind me asking, and how is the law course?
heya (: registration for the LNAT only opened today - and the tests will begin from September, I believe. However, you only have to take the test by the deadline - which is in January 2022. Unless you are applying to Oxbridge, of course.
Original post by a-fLaw-student
heya (: registration for the LNAT only opened today - and the tests will begin from September, I believe. However, you only have to take the test by the deadline - which is in January 2022. Unless you are applying to Oxbridge, of course.

Hi, do you know where to register because on the pearson vue website it states that scheduling for a booking was supposed to open on the 2nd and I can't see anything ._. thankss
Original post by DonTalkToMe
Hi, do you know where to register because on the pearson vue website it states that scheduling for a booking was supposed to open on the 2nd and I can't see anything ._. thankss

Yeah, same with me though I'm sure it will be out later.
Original post by Taio_
Yeah, same with me though I'm sure it will be out later.

like 9am or something u think?
like 9am or something u think?

honestly no clue, just hoping soon so i can sleep lol
Original post by Taio_
honestly no clue, just hoping soon so i can sleep lol

deadass same lmfao - why they no say the time ffs

Spoiler

deadass same lmfao - why they no say the time ffs

definitely not me checking the website as soon as it turned midnight and getting disappointed that the dates arent even live. long night ahead it seems lmao
Original post by Taio_
definitely not me checking the website as soon as it turned midnight and getting disappointed that the dates arent even live. long night ahead it seems lmao

fr fr - me thinking i was strategic by staying up so i can bag a good date but it isn't even out yet, played myself smh
fr fr - me thinking i was strategic by staying up so i can bag a good date but it isn't even out yet, played myself smh

ong - pearson vue just built different to finesse us like that
Original post by Taio_
ong - pearson vue just built different to finesse us like that

smh they bamboozling us man
when are u guys booking for? im applying cam so there's no rush... im not sure
Original post by headlinerkth
when are u guys booking for? im applying cam so there's no rush... im not sure

cam? whaddaya mean?
Cambridge ahaha should've specified soz
Cambridge ahaha should've specified soz

oooo nice im not so idek anything to do with the lnat regarding oxbridge lmfao
my point was that bc Cambridge doesn't require LNAT (but Oxford does), it would mean I have until mid jan to do it. but im sure if I should do it early like in oct or later :smile:
my point was that bc Cambridge doesn't require LNAT (but Oxford does), it would mean I have until mid jan to do it. but im sure if I should do it early like in oct or later :smile:

just do it whenever you feel prepared ofc but at least cambridge doesn't require it

well, surely if you're applying for cambridge you will have other options which i'm going to presume require LNAT - and that would mean you need to do it before the oxbridge application deadline. if your other options don't require LNAT completely ignore what i said. unless the LNAT doesn't go exactly hand in hand with your UCAS application so then ignore everything i said lmao, i'm under the assumption that it does but correct me if i'm wrong
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending