The Student Room Group

Is it weird I'm still a virgin at 18

Is it weird I still have my v-card at 18 when it seems like everyone else around me has had sex already?

A little background. I've always been a little shy about having relationships with the opposite sex. Don't get me wrong. I have guy friends that I like to talk to and hang out with. Plus they'd do anything they could to help me out. But the two relationships I've had -- well-- let's just say they ended in not the greatest way.

My first was when I was in 10th grade. He just broke up with me out of the blue because I wouldn't go down on him or let him enter me (basically have sex).

My second was during my senior year. We broke up because I caught him having sex with a senior cheerleader at our after-prom party. He said he did what he did because I wouldn't go further than letting him grab my ass and grab my boobs.

I don't know at this point if guys at nursing school or even doing any other hospital school are going to be any better or if I should swear off guys altogether and have a lesbian relationship (even though I'm not a lesbian). What do you guys think?
No, not at all.
Nope a lot of people are virgins at 18, more than you think.

I remember when I started university and went on my first night out, everyone was talking about whether they had lost their virginity or not and about 60% of them were virgins (we were all 18-21 year old females). I was shocked.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Nope a lot of people are virgins at 18, more than you think.

I remember when I started university and went on my first night out, everyone was talking about whether they had lost their virginity or not and about 60% of them were virgins (we were all 18-21 year old females). I was shocked.

I guess I feel weird that I haven't had sex with someone when it seems like most of my class has had sex.
Original post by catchrylie
I guess I feel weird that I haven't had sex with someone when it seems like most of my class has had sex.

I felt that way too. I always lied to people and told them I wasn't a virgin (even though I was at 18) because I was embarrassed.

Turns out a lot of people are still virgins at 18 and you shouldn't feel pressured / rush into losing it :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I felt that way too. I always lied to people and told them I wasn't a virgin (even though I was at 18) because I was embarrassed.

Turns out a lot of people are still virgins at 18 and you shouldn't feel pressured / rush into losing it :smile:

I guess it's a lot of peer pressure and media pressure making it okay to have sex that it makes feel wrong if you still have your virginity. But your right. I shouldn't be embarrassed to still have my virginity. I just haven't found the right guy to make me want to have sex with. Sometimes, I almost think I should have left the midfielder on the school's football team have his way with me the way my friends talk.
Reply 6
I'm 18 and still way too scared to have sex. dont worry about it! do this at your own pace!
Reply 7
Is it weird I still have my v-card at 18 when it seems like everyone else around me has had sex already?

A little background. I've always been a little shy about having relationships with the opposite sex. Don't get me wrong. I have guy friends that I like to talk to and hang out with. Plus they'd do anything they could to help me out. But the two relationships I've had -- well-- let's just say they ended in not the greatest way.

My first was when I was in 10th grade. He just broke up with me out of the blue because I wouldn't go down on him or let him enter me (basically have sex).

My second was during my senior year. We broke up because I caught him having sex with a senior cheerleader at our after-prom party. He said he did what he did because I wouldn't go further than letting him grab my ass and grab my boobs.

I don't know at this point if guys at nursing school or even doing any other hospital school are going to be any better or if I should swear off guys altogether and have a lesbian relationship (even though I'm not a lesbian). What do you guys think?

Nope 21 year old guy here still a virgin because I kind of want to wait for someone i am physically and also more importantly emotionally attracted to
Lose your virginity to someone you're actually compatible with, don't lose it because you want to lose it. No need to care about the judgement of society for later age to lose virginity, or earlier age. Whenever you're ready.

No you are lucky that you are a Virgin. Save it for the person who you see a future with trust me sex isn't all that cracked up to be. In my experience. I lost mine and it was horrible. Only had it once and god it put me off for a good 4/5 years. Trust me it's not a bad thing I say save it for the person who you want to spend the rest of your life with that's what I tend to do now.

It's not weird. Take your time, do it when it feels the right time for you to do so.

I would date men. But be aware. Some men will dump you after they get sex. You need to find a gentleman.

"or if I should swear off guys altogether and have a lesbian relationship" well thats not how sexuality works😵*💫
I guess it's a lot of peer pressure and media pressure making it okay to have sex that it makes feel wrong if you still have your virginity. But your right. I shouldn't be embarrassed to still have my virginity. I just haven't found the right guy to make me want to have sex with. Sometimes, I almost think I should have left the midfielder on the school's football team have his way with me the way my friends talk.

Haha.. Don't believe them.. Your friends are still too young to know what's really good sex and what isn't.. You don't need to be used by the school's midfielder, just for his body-count medal. Your school's team should just aim to score goals, not girls.

Your time will come, but relax, don't get too excited. Sex can be over-rated lol.
Reply 14

i don't think it's weird, in fact a lot of people are still virgins past 18! like everyone else says, just take your time and do what feels right to you and the other person. it's better to not do anything you'll regret, than do it and regret it! plus if you're not attracted to women, probably shouldn't have a wlw relationship as that could hurt the other person if you can't love them the way they love you.

Latest

Trending

Trending