The Student Room Group

Should I go back to an ex?

deletwd
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Whatever you do. DO NOT get back with your ex. No! You may be hurting but everyone is attached to their first love! Do not get back with him. He wasn't loyal like you said. Never stay with a disloyal man! So I'll say this one more time. DONT GET BACK WITH HIM!
Reply 2
Original post by Sofxty
Whatever you do. DO NOT get back with your ex. No! You may be hurting but everyone is attached to their first love! Do not get back with him. He wasn't loyal like you said. Never stay with a disloyal man! So I'll say this one more time. DONT GET BACK WITH HIM!

That is true :/ do you not think people can change? Because he keeps telling me he’s changed and he knows what he’s done wrong this time and that he really regrets it but I can’t know for sure so it’s like I don’t want to take the risk in a way
Reply 3
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. You definitely need to work on your confidence and self-worth before reentering into a relationship with anyone. No one ‘deserves’ to be walked all over, and it doesn’t matter if he ‘gets bored’.

He sounds toxic. Cheating, verbally abusive, gaslight, inability to commit. He’s just not worth the heartache and you need to move on. 8 months is awfully short for your first love. Do yourself a favour and cut him out of your life.

I don’t think people can change. Even if they can, he certainly doesn’t seem like he’s changed.
Original post by Khad1ja
That is true :/ do you not think people can change? Because he keeps telling me he’s changed and he knows what he’s done wrong this time and that he really regrets it but I can’t know for sure so it’s like I don’t want to take the risk in a way

Always put yourself on at least an equal footing to others. Any relationship worth being in, should be on the basis of win win.

There's too much in his behaviour where it's a win for him and he's not bothered if it's a win for you. And too much where you've been giving him a win and a loss to you.

Even if he has changed you shouldn't go back.
It's better to start with a clean sheet with someone new.
Plus there's too high a chance that any changes will be temporary ones whilst he makes the effort to get what he wants. And after that he will slip back to his old bad habits.

In future - never sacrifice your good eating habits over some bloke. Your health and safety are the number one most important things in your life.

Please make your happiness and your self esteem and your self image rest almost entirely on what you think of yourself and not on what other(s) think of you.
So some idiot has broken up with you? So what? That doesn't mean you're a bad person. Nor that you will be single for ever more. It just means that you've broken up with someone that turned out to be incompatible with you.
You are still a lovely and desirable person.
Going back to an ex is like walking in a forest. if you come across the same tree twice it generally means that you're lost!! Don't do it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending