The Student Room Group

Need to have a few drinks discreetly

Currently staying at my auntys, and am going to meet my other aunt and uncle this evening with their two children (between 13-16). They are taking me out to a nice restaurant. I would like to have a few drinks beforehand, particularly as I’m not super close to these people and would like to loosen up a bit before.

However, whilst my aunty (one I’m staying with) is super chilled I don’t feel I could do this openly at the house. The other day we did have a few drinks before I went out with her and her mates. But I’m going out without her this time so I can’t really ask if I can have her drinks at home. I was thinking of getting a few and drinking in my room, but then the bottles/cans would be left and I don’t know what to do with them.

Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Are you old enough to buy alcohol yourself?
Reply 2
If you need to drink, you shouldn't.
Original post by Howtolove
Currently staying at my auntys, and am going to meet my other aunt and uncle this evening with their two children (between 13-16). They are taking me out to a nice restaurant. I would like to have a few drinks beforehand, particularly as I’m not super close to these people and would like to loosen up a bit before.

Sounds like you're not developing a great relationship with alcohol pretty early on. Pre-loading like this is usually a bit of a warning sign, but it's even more worrying given you sound like you're not really old enough even to be drinking - in a pub or buying alcohol for yourself, anyway.

Is this really where you want to be with alcohol?
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Sounds like you're not developing a great relationship with alcohol pretty early on. Pre-loading like this is usually a bit of a warning sign, but it's even more worrying given you sound like you're not really old enough even to be drinking - in a pub or buying alcohol for yourself, anyway.

Is this really where you want to be with alcohol?

I’m late 20s
I’m late 20s

And how do you feel about your relationship with alcohol? Note - I'm making no judgements about you, and I'm not remotely going to tell you what to do. I'm just allowing you a space here to anonymously say how you feel about this. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
And how do you feel about your relationship with alcohol? Note - I'm making no judgements about you, and I'm not remotely going to tell you what to do. I'm just allowing you a space here to anonymously say how you feel about this. :smile:

I hardly drink, just every now and then probably once a month. Is that unhealthy?
I hardly drink, just every now and then probably once a month. Is that unhealthy?

No, not on the face of it. But you can see why people would have a concern, based on what you wrote in your OP, can't you?

If you're happy with your drinking, then that's all that matters :smile:

And to answer your OP directly, try adding a large slug of vodka or another white spirit to a bottle of Oasis or something. That way you can leave the bottle and no-one will suspect anything. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending