The Student Room Group

Choosing a uni 2022

I'm applying to start uni in 2022 and I'm hoping to do a modern languages degree (french, spanish and chinese)
The Unis I've been looking at are Southampton, Lancaster, Birmingham and Newcastle and I was wondering if anyone has any advice or information that might help?

thanks x
Original post by emily5411
I'm applying to start uni in 2022 and I'm hoping to do a modern languages degree (french, spanish and chinese)
The Unis I've been looking at are Southampton, Lancaster, Birmingham and Newcastle and I was wondering if anyone has any advice or information that might help?

thanks x

Hi @emily5411,

I'm a current student at Newcastle University studying Linguistics. Unfortunately I can't offer advice about the Modern Languages degree due to this, but I can recommend that you visit our university's Unibuddy page. Here you can find a current student studying Modern Languages and they'll be able to help with any queries you may have about the degree.

If you have any other questions about Newcastle University itself, let us know and we'll be happy to help!

-Ashley
Reply 2
Original post by Newcastle University Ambassador
Hi @emily5411,

I'm a current student at Newcastle University studying Linguistics. Unfortunately I can't offer advice about the Modern Languages degree due to this, but I can recommend that you visit our university's Unibuddy page. Here you can find a current student studying Modern Languages and they'll be able to help with any queries you may have about the degree.

If you have any other questions about Newcastle University itself, let us know and we'll be happy to help!

-Ashley

Thank you!
I know St Andrews offer triple language degrees, but I’m not sure if they offer Chinese (I know they do Spanish and French) unfortunately.

Triple language degrees aren’t super common as most unis cap at two for better immersion in both languages.

thanks x

Hi @emily5411,

Great to hear that you are considering Birmingham!

We have one of the most flexible Modern Languages programmes in the country which allows you to build a bespoke degree to suit your interests. We do offer three languages, but you could also study two languages with a minor (for example Business Management or Translation) if that is of interest. You don't have to stick to three languages for the entire degree either, you can drop down to two in your second year if you wish. :smile:

It looks like we do have your chosen language combination available, but I would always advise checking back on MyChoices at the time of application just to make sure you have the most up to date information.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about the course? - Molly :biggrin:

thanks x

Hi @emily5411,

Great to hear you are interested in studying at Lancaster University. I am a Student Ambassador at Lancaster and have just completed my marketing management degree here :smile:. I really enjoyed studying at Lancaster so if you have any questions about life at Lancaster, please ask away! If you would like to speak to current students on the course you are looking at studying then you can do so here!

Have a great day!

Rebecca (Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)
Reply 6
hey there, also planning for modern languages at newcastle 2022 !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending