The Student Room Group

Funding for FdSc after a year of LLB

Hi everyone,

The past academic year I have been studying for the first year of a LLB hons Law degree. However I have decided to withdraw and from September 2021 I will be studying a FdSc degree in veterinary nursing.

Because I have only received 1 year of student finance, will I be eligible for the full 3 years of my foundation degree due to the gift year? As my college tutor told me I am unable to receive year 1 of funding twice, but every other piece of info I’ve seen seems to contradict this. Thank you!
Reply 1
Bump x
Reply 2
Bump
Original post by Ems2371
Bump

Hi Ems, I don't advise bumping the thread as it pushes your thread to the bottom of the queue and therefore takes us longer to respond.

If you only have 1 year of previous study then this will be your additional year.

Students can receive funding for the length of the course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

So for a 2 year course, your calculation will be 2+1-1=2 years of funding.

If you then want to study a 1 year top up course afterwards, the calculation will be:

3+1-3= 1 year of funding.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Ems, I don't advise bumping the thread as it pushes your thread to the bottom of the queue and therefore takes us longer to respond.

If you only have 1 year of previous study then this will be your additional year.

Students can receive funding for the length of the course plus one additional year, minus any previous study.

So for a 2 year course, your calculation will be 2+1-1=2 years of funding.

If you then want to study a 1 year top up course afterwards, the calculation will be:

3+1-3= 1 year of funding.

Thanks, Isaac

Hello Isaac,

Thanks for your reply, & apologies for bumping- I didn’t realise there were official reps on hand to reply here! Thought it was more like Facebook 😂

That’s great to hear, thank you. So it doesn’t matter that I am going from a full degree to a foundation degree?

Thanks!
Original post by Ems2371
Hello Isaac,

Thanks for your reply, & apologies for bumping- I didn’t realise there were official reps on hand to reply here! Thought it was more like Facebook 😂

That’s great to hear, thank you. So it doesn’t matter that I am going from a full degree to a foundation degree?

Thanks!

You're welcome, sorry for the late response we have been very busy.

As long as you have only 1 year of previous study then my calculation above is correct.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending