The Student Room Group

I'm so fat.

I'm 19 and currently 68kg and 5ft 5.
I want to gain a little muscle and lose weight down to 55kg preferably.
Is this achievable- 13kg weight loss?
I need to start getting healthier because health issues like diabetes run in my family and I do not want to put myself at higher risk of it.
How do I stay motivated to eat healthily and persist with the gym?
You gotta ask the experts about this not some kids on TSR. Best of luck to you buddy but I’m gonna have to report this thread.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You gotta ask the experts about this not some kids on TSR. Best of luck to you buddy but I’m gonna have to report this thread.

Haha arguably I’m asking those who have had this experience and who are of a similar age to me. It’s a shame you feel you need to report this thread when all I ask for is some tips from those who have been through this too 🤷*♀️
I need to start getting healthier because health issues like diabetes run in my family and I do not want to put myself at higher risk of it.

If you want to be motivated it really comes down to how you approach this, some people go extreme and exercise too much whilst others exercise but don't change their diet. I think the best way is to ensure this is a long term thing that will make you happier and healthier so it's easier to do it. For instance, instead of just going to the gym and doing weights which are good for muscles, you can go cycling with friends or try a bit of running. You can also do dance classes with friends, basically mix it up a bit and make sure to make yummy food. Good luck! It's definitely achievable to lose 13kg just don't expect rapid changes and instead be patient, that way you don't focus on losing the weight but feeling better. Honestly if you feel good, then you know it's going well.

Also I found it useful to go to the gym during times there wasn't much people so when you sign up maybe ask when are the busiest times and take friends or family with you to the gym, if you make appointments to meet with someone it will more likely force you out of bed than sleeping in because you know someone is expecting you.
Reply 5
Find healthy foods you enjoy and dont buy things you know are going to tempt you. You could also set up a food planner if you're really struggling with it. Set yourself a routine to work the gym ( or even at home exercises ) into your schedule so that you dont have an excuse not to go. As an above post said make it fun so you're not dreading doing it, go running with a friend or something along those lines.
A lot of the rest boils down to self control which can only be learned through practice. Be strict with yourself but not to a point that you're overwhelmed or cant stick to it.

Quick Reply

Latest