The Student Room Group

UCAS track update

Does anyone know what time UCAS track updates because my school says 8 am and other places online it says 8:30 am. I am so confused.
Original post by zoeeeeeee1216
Does anyone know what time UCAS track updates because my school says 8 am and other places online it says 8:30 am. I am so confused.

Your school are wrong

The exams embargo this year is in place until 8:30am. That is when Track will go live again and show all decisions sent during the embargo period (NOTE: about 1 in 7 applicants do NOT have any update on Track on results day).
Original post by PQ
Your school are wrong

The exams embargo this year is in place until 8:30am. That is when Track will go live again and show all decisions sent during the embargo period (NOTE: about 1 in 7 applicants do NOT have any update on Track on results day).

Ok, thank you!😊
Although the official embargo ends at 8:30am, and that's when Clearing lines at Universities will open, in previous years UCAS Track has actually been open just before this so its worth checking from 8am.
See - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/ucas-undergraduate-results
Original post by McGinger
Although the official embargo ends at 8:30am, and that's when Clearing lines at Universities will open, in previous years UCAS Track has actually been open just before this so its worth checking from 8am.
See - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/ucas-undergraduate-results

Ucas and the JCQ and SQA have made it very clear that track will not go live before the embargo ends.

In previous years the embargo ended at 6am and track would go live between 7:30-8am. But on sqa results day the embargo ended at 9am and track went live AT 9am and no earlier.
The joint results means a joint embargo with a later time for JCQ and earlier for SQA. They compromised on the timing - there’s no flexibility in there for ucas to break the agreement.

If it goes live early then someone in ucas messed up and will be in a lot of trouble
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PQ
Your school are wrong

you did not have to scare me with that NOTE at the end there T-T
So start checking from 7 in the morning? Won’t be sleeping anyway😩
Original post by AveriNova
you did not have to scare me with that NOTE at the end there T-T

No update is better than logging on to a rejection
Original post by PQ
Ucas and the JCQ and SQA have made it very clear that track will not go live before the embargo ends.
In previous years the embargo ended at 6am and track would go live between 7:30-8am. But on sqa results day the embargo ended at 9am and track went live AT 9am and no earlier. The joint results means a joint embargo with a later time for JCQ and earlier for SQA. They compromised on the timing - there’s no flexibility in there for ucas to break the agreement.

Makes sense - I forgot SQA this year would be on the same day.
Original post by PQ
No update is better than logging on to a rejection

wait so you could get no update on results day and still get offered your firm choice? what?
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
Your school are wrong

Hi, if we don’t have an update in track, how would we know which university we have been accepted into? Would we have to wait for an email from the university themselves to know if they accepted us even if we didn’t get the grades for our offer? Thanks
I thought it was usually 8am but the email from UCAS today says 8:30am.
Original post by ashtolga23
I thought it was usually 8am but the email from UCAS today says 8:30am.

It usually is.

But this year it’s not just A level results it’s Scottish results too so they had to agree to a new time for both sets of results.
Original post by PQ
It usually is.

But this year it’s not just A level results it’s Scottish results too so they had to agree to a new time for both sets of results.

Ah thank you! That's interesting.
Original post by AveriNova
wait so you could get no update on results day and still get offered your firm choice? what?

Original post by ..M..
Hi, if we don’t have an update in track, how would we know which university we have been accepted into? Would we have to wait for an email from the university themselves to know if they accepted us even if we didn’t get the grades for our offer? Thanks

Have a look at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7057030 - that explains it. And use the flowchart on the day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending