The Student Room Group

Growing Another Grade

Hi there! Welcome to my new GYG blog! It's been a while since I did one of these, so it's nice to be getting back into the swing of things. Having had the time past, I've lurked on a few blogs without really participating, seeing some new faces amongst old.

WHO I AM

Spoiler

ACADEMICS

Spoiler

HOBBIES/INTERESTS

Spoiler

VOLUNTEERING

Spoiler

OTHER INFO

Spoiler

MY STUDYGRAM

Spoiler

UPDATES
I'll probably update this about once or twice a week once I start college, but will update a few times as I get ready to start attending!

If you've made it this far, congratulations, here's a free bar of chocolate!

Scroll to see replies

TAGS - this is from my notes so tell me if you want added or deleted!

Spoiler

Hey Castillo, this looks amazing! Please keep me tagged, I'd love to hear about your journey :yep:
Did you have a different username before by any chance?
Also, since we're kinda coming towards the end of the academic year, we may have to get this thread moved to the 2021-2022 academic year GYG forum (when it gets made by one of the TSR peeps) but we'll sort that out later :yep:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Hey Castillo, this looks amazing! Please keep me tagged, I'd love to hear about your journey :yep:
Also, since we're kinda coming towards the end of the academic year, we may have to get this thread moved to the 2021-2022 academic year GYG forum (when it gets made by one of the TSR peeps) but we'll sort that out later :yep:

yeah i was thinking the same thing?

Hey! honoured to tag along on your journey :h:
Original post by RazzzBerries

Original post by Obolinda
yeah i was thinking the same thing?

Yes I did - it was pretty much my dead name so I decided to go for the rebrand before I started this blog.

Thank you for joining the journey! I'm glad to be back, it's been a while.
Original post by sadforsadboys
Yes I did - it was pretty much my dead name so I decided to go for the rebrand before I started this blog.

Thank you for joining the journey! I'm glad to be back, it's been a while.

fair :smile:
X

Hi Castillo!

This blog looks fantastic! :woo: I love the colours you have chosen for each section! :yep:

Sorry to hear about your health issues. You performed very well in your GCSE's/A-Levels despite that and you should be very proud of yourself. :hugs:Don't worry about having to drop out from your 3rd A-Level. Your health takes priority. Well done on getting a word processing qualification. The pandemic has caused a lot of uncertainty but I'm sure you will do great! You have already achieved so much! :smile: I'm so glad you will get all of your A-Levels this year. You must be very excited. :biggrin:

Have fun at the concerts! :cute:
Those are interesting topics you are writing about. Keep up the good work! I need to start reading more! What is your favourite genre?

I also did a lot of volunteering/charity in my school. One of my favourite events was a whole school charity walk at the end of the year. My friends and I never followed the directions outlined on the map and so reached back to school much later than everyone else. The teachers were never impressed. :lol:

OMG! :shock: I love stationery as well. What stationery do you own? :question:

Could I be added to the tag list? :hugs:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Hi Castillo!

This blog looks fantastic! :woo: I love the colours you have chosen for each section! :yep:

Sorry to hear about your health issues. You performed very well in your GCSE's/A-Levels despite that and you should be very proud of yourself. :hugs:Don't worry about having to drop out from your 3rd A-Level. Your health takes priority. Well done on getting a word processing qualification. The pandemic has caused a lot of uncertainty but I'm sure you will do great! You have already achieved so much! :smile: I'm so glad you will get all of your A-Levels this year. You must be very excited. :biggrin:

Have fun at the concerts! :cute:
Those are interesting topics you are writing about. Keep up the good work! I need to start reading more! What is your favourite genre?

I also did a lot of volunteering/charity in my school. One of my favourite events was a whole school charity walk at the end of the year. My friends and I never followed the directions outlined on the map and so reached back to school much later than everyone else. The teachers were never impressed. :lol:

OMG! :shock: I love stationery as well. What stationery do you own? :question:

Could I be added to the tag list? :hugs:

Thank you!

I certainly am excited for it. New start and new opportunities!

I enjoy more factual than fictional. Pretty much everything I've picked up has been historical or political, so I guess those?

Hmm stationery, let me think. Right now I have Zebra mildliners, Crayola Super Tips, Staedtler Fineliners, Staedtler colouring pencils, Sayeec brush pens, Uni Emott, a backup of BIC ballpens, BIC magic markers, these metallic markers I picked up at B&M, and a pen I got from my secondary school currently sitting at my desk.

Totally!
Reply 8
Hey Castillo, I don't actually remember who you are - I follow quite a lot of people and vice versa. But do keep me on the tag list.

Sorry to hear about the health issues, but it sounds like you're performing well academically despite this. It's also lovely to hear about the volunteering stuff - it definitely makes an individual become more well-rounded.

Good luck with your studies for the upcoming academic year. I also have a GYG blog, but I won't create a new one for my third year at uni until next week. :wink:
Hmm stationery, let me think. Right now I have Zebra mildliners, Crayola Super Tips, Staedtler Fineliners, Staedtler colouring pencils, Sayeec brush pens, Uni Emott, a backup of BIC ballpens, BIC magic markers, these metallic markers I picked up at B&M, and a pen I got from my secondary school currently sitting at my desk.

That's so cool! :eek3:
Omg you’re back!! :gah: Guessed it was you from the Sabrina avatar :giggle: and Castillo really suits you!
Definitely keep me on the tag list :hugs:
Original post by laurawatt
Omg you’re back!! :gah: Guessed it was you from the Sabrina avatar :giggle: and Castillo really suits you!
Definitely keep me on the tag list :hugs:

And now I am my other alias... Dr Brian Harold May 😎
And now I am my other alias... Dr Brian Harold May 😎

:thrasher:
Original post by laurawatt
:thrasher:

I wanted to send a gif but nothing is working so here's a pic
spillsis.jpg
Original post by JT_888
Hey Castillo, I don't actually remember who you are - I follow quite a lot of people and vice versa. But do keep me on the tag list.

Sorry to hear about the health issues, but it sounds like you're performing well academically despite this. It's also lovely to hear about the volunteering stuff - it definitely makes an individual become more well-rounded.

Good luck with your studies for the upcoming academic year. I also have a GYG blog, but I won't create a new one for my third year at uni until next week. :wink:

Just realised I forgot to reply!

Please tag me in your blog!
heyy castillo this is so random and maybe you don't care about this at all but did you see that song Sabrina released yesterday called intro??? I think she released the lyrics on her mailing list and it got unlisted on her youtube.

it's so emotional :frown: it sounds like it's about her fatherrrr
heyy castillo this is so random and maybe you don't care about this at all but did you see that song Sabrina released yesterday called intro??? I think she released the lyrics on her mailing list and it got unlisted on her youtube.

it's so emotional :frown: it sounds like it's about her fatherrrr

I did yeah! I had the sound on my phone so when it dropped it woke me up. SC5 is gonna be emotional, explicit album isn't it?
I did yeah! I had the sound on my phone so when it dropped it woke me up. SC5 is gonna be emotional, explicit album isn't it?

seems like it :biggrin:
seems like it :biggrin:

Sabrina this era:
UPDATE 1 - I'm Scared (Justin's Mix '92)

I had my interview this morning with tech just to confirm that I'm enrolling. It was pretty quick (thankfully) and now all I have to wait for is information on when I'm actually going in for induction! I already received my schedule which is looking loooooovely and it gives me Fridays off for volunteering :h:

(look at my parents)

I've been busy volunteering as usual. The last few weeks I've been running up and down between our school bag shop and our clothes shop has made it easier for me to get around. We've been selling lots of school uniforms and school bags this month on the run-up to the new academic year. I've also been making so many new friends! We have a steady flow of volunteers (over 50 of us in the group chat!) meaning we're now up and running like every other retailer in the centre.

Outside of academics and volunteering, I've been busy writing as usual. Given the recent results revealing 70% of fee-paying school candidates got As and A*s, it's made me curious as to just how deep these academic inequalities are. I've always been aware of there being a divide between the haves and have nots in education, but do I really know how it's changed and developed over the years? A local journalist has talked about the costs of uniforms alone for our schools and I've definitely seen an upsurge in uniform donation and collection points across Belfast and Lisburn. It's got me thinking what we could do.

Oh and... STREAM BACK TO THE LIGHT BY BRIAN MAY!!

Spoiler

TAGS

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending