The Student Room Group

At what age should you get a job

I turned 16 at the beginning of this month and I'm russian, by me nobody really got a job before 18. I've not had any jobs yet. Do you think it's shameful I haven't worked yet?
most people in the uk don't get jobs until sixteen anyway, i wouldn't worry.
Not really you're only 16
Original post by lucyyy12
most people in the uk don't get jobs until sixteen anyway, i wouldn't worry.

I agree
Original post by 434235454535
I turned 16 at the beginning of this month and I'm russian, by me nobody really got a job before 18. I've not had any jobs yet. Do you think it's shameful I haven't worked yet?

If you ever want a job, just get a part-time/weekend job. If anyone your age works, its usually not too many hours I wouldn't worry about it. I use the Young Work App to find temp work, their age range is 16-25 so I'd use that.
at 15 i worked at oxfam charity shop and just volunteered bt never got any money out of it and so it helped with skills in retail ngl
Original post by 434235454535

Hi, I hope you are well.

16 is about the age people start to look for part-time jobs in the UK as most people that age are still studying. However, everyone gets jobs at different paces as it depends on their current commitments.

I hope this helps.

Ilona - Pearson Business School Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending