The Student Room Group

i'm kinda screwed !

so I've left my assignment to last minute and I now have 2 days to write 8,000 words. I don't really have any excuse besides bad mental health, and I'm not gonna defend myself because I know it's my fault lol

BUT, for motivation i wanna hear some of your tightest deadlines and whether you made it on time! (don't tell me to 'get off tsr and do my assignment' okay, I'm just trying to make myself feel less depressed over here pls)
Original post by jh1670
so I've left my assignment to last minute and I now have 2 days to write 8,000 words. I don't really have any excuse besides bad mental health, and I'm not gonna defend myself because I know it's my fault lol

BUT, for motivation i wanna hear some of your tightest deadlines and whether you made it on time! (don't tell me to 'get off tsr and do my assignment' okay, I'm just trying to make myself feel less depressed over here pls)

Motivational anecdotes are not going to help you write that assignment.

I suggest you get off TSR and start writing something. You probably won't get all 8,000 words completed and even if you do, it won't be top quality, but at least it's something.
Get off tsr
Original post by jh1670

I personally wouldn't be able to work on a assignment on such short notice. I have done 2,000 words within a 24 hour deadline before, but that's about as far I went. Goodluck though.
I've completed my history homework booklet while my teacher was collecting it. She was really strict and it was really stressful, never doing that again.

That was 4 years ago, I don't have any motivational stories now since I too am stuck in a mental rut.
You should probably start now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Honestly it depends on what you mean by left it all to the last minute.
If you’ve done the reading and know the material it’s a lot easier to spew out words. If I know my stuff I have written a 5000word essay in a day.
Start a plan and start padding it out.
You’ll get there.
Reply 6
Original post by GabiAbi84
Honestly it depends on what you mean by left it all to the last minute.
If you’ve done the reading and know the material it’s a lot easier to spew out words. If I know my stuff I have written a 5000word essay in a day.
Start a plan and start padding it out.
You’ll get there.

lmao the only motivational comment in this thread! ty!
I've done all the research and planned out the paragraphs, it's literally a case of writing it up. I'll 100% get it done on time and i have faith in my last minute abilities, I just wanted someone to relate to my struggles lol
I never researched or prepared anything so was up against the deadline every single time. I had about six hours to write a 4000 word essay on Kant and had only vague ideas of what various other texts necessary for the essay said. Often what I remembered a book as saying was not what it actually said, so I just pro-plussed up, extrapolated from certain statements in the extreme, and used the magic square brackets to change references to what I need them to say.

You should get of the internet, sit at a desk and put the books in front of you. If necessary write it on bit of paper then type it up later so you aren't distracted.
Lmaooooo. This thread.

OP, you can do it. You don't really have a choice so grab your books and type for your life. 😪
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by chlamydia9000
I never researched or prepared anything so was up against the deadline every single time. I had about six hours to write a 4000 word essay on Kant and had only vague ideas of what various other texts necessary for the essay said. Often what I remembered a book as saying was not what it actually said, so I just pro-plussed up, extrapolated from certain statements in the extreme, and used the magic square brackets to change references to what I need them to say.

You should get of the internet, sit at a desk and put the books in front of you. If necessary write it on bit of paper then type it up later so you aren't distracted.

ty! I've been writing on paper so far and just managed to write 500 words in about 40 minutes :unsure:
still a long way to go, but at least i've made a start !
Original post by jh1670

Master’s Degree dissertation. Due by 12pm the next day, started it the day before around 2pm and had to pull an all nighter. Also, worth mentioning is I faked all the surveys I used lol.
Reply 11
Original post by Serene Dreams
Lmaooooo. This thread.

OP, you can do it. You don't really have a choice so grab your books and type for your life. 😪

fr fr, my deadline is wednesday at 11:59pm, so i'll give you an update then!
Original post by jh1670
fr fr, my deadline is wednesday at 11:59pm, so i'll give you an update then!

All right. Get on with it. Don't panic, you still have so much time. Good luck!
Reply 13
Original post by Serene Dreams
All right. Get on with it. Don't panic, you still have so much time. Good luck!

<33 tysm! gonna pull an allnighter tomorrow to get it done!
Reply 14
Original post by Djtoodles
Master’s Degree dissertation. Due by 12pm the next day, started it the day before around 2pm and had to pull an all nighter. Also, worth mentioning is I faked all the surveys I used lol.

yo that sounds ROUGH! Glad you made it out the other side to tell the tale.

Quick Reply

Latest