The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Access course at glasgow uni

Hi, I’m starting access maths, biology and psychology in September and was wondering if there is any other students that are also starting access? So far I haven’t been able to find anyone else. Maybe we can make a group chat or something !!
Original post by lojizns
Hi, I’m starting access maths, biology and psychology in September and was wondering if there is any other students that are also starting access? So far I haven’t been able to find anyone else. Maybe we can make a group chat or something !!

@lojizns
Hello! I teach on an Access to HE program, nearly all my students set up either facebook or watsapp groups in the first week or so of the course, also, during the Covid era we have allowed a student common room on Microsoft Teams for students to chat and share stories. 'Psychology' by Graham Davey will be a useful book, if you wanted to do psychology at a higher level I would recommend Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology by Coolican

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by lojizns

Hey, I'm studying Maths and Physics in September :smile: I believe I've come across another student on here. But definitely sounds like something worth doing. I think once we get access to the portal and/or our first email end of August, we'll have a better idea of who's on the course. I'm surprised you haven't seen any of my posts as I've been posting quite a lot.

Are you hoping to carry on to Glasgow after your Access courses?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by NovaeSci
Hey, I'm studying Maths and Physics in September :smile: I believe I've come across another student on here. But definitely sounds like something worth doing. I think once we get access to the portal and/or our first email end of August, we'll have a better idea of who's on the course. I'm surprised you haven't seen any of my posts as I've been posting quite a lot.

Are you hoping to carry on to Glasgow after your Access courses?

How do you know when we will get access to portal etc? I have been looking for information but cant seen to find any !
I am d’esperimento to find other ppl on access so I can get to know everyone.
Yeah I want to continue at glasgow uni! How old are you? I’m 21
Original post by lojizns
How do you know when we will get access to portal etc? I have been looking for information but cant seen to find any !
I am d’esperimento to find other ppl on access so I can get to know everyone.
Yeah I want to continue at glasgow uni! How old are you? I’m 21

I was speaking to them direct by email. They also have a padlet page that you can access from the further information page on the access site. But we won't receive emails until the end of this month and access most likely beginning of September. I'm 32 myself
Original post by NovaeSci
I was speaking to them direct by email. They also have a padlet page that you can access from the further information page on the access site. But we won't receive emails until the end of this month and access most likely beginning of September. I'm 32 myself

Ty for your help !
Hey there.

I'm starting in September as well!

Have you found any Facebook groups that bring people together?

Take care.
Original post by AlexanderKy2
Hey there.

I'm starting in September as well!

Have you found any Facebook groups that bring people together?

Take care.

I havent found any groups unfortunately, we could always add each other on Facebook though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending