The Student Room Group

Is Amazon a guaranteed job?

When applying for Amazon are you guaranteed a job? (Of course if you’re decent in the interview)
I’ve heard that almost every time a job is guaranteed, is this true?
If anybody works there or knows I’d really appreciate it.
You've answered this yourself here.

You're guaranteed a job...

Original post by samjohnson01
if you’re decent in the interview
When applying for Amazon are you guaranteed a job? (Of course if you’re decent in the interview)

Apparently the working conditions at Amazon are horrendous, or at least that's what I've heard. Do some more research to figure out if it's really the job for you - don't just go for it because you think it'll be easy to get into. With enough preparation and the appropriate qualifications, you're guaranteed any job you dedicate yourself to obtaining.
Pretty much, yes.
As warehouse work in a company that reportedly has quite a turnover of staff? Yes. It's basically guaranteed because they can't hold staff and they're pretty much always busy.

Also, doing well at the interview? You'll get a quick few questions, check to make sure you're legal to work and a quick bit of paperwork for legal reasons. You'll be interviewed by an employment agency because that's almost certainly who is listing the job. In which case, the interviews are less about making sure you're a good worker and more about making sure you have a heartbeat and you're legal to work. No seriously... Agencies will employ anyone and everyone. We've had some right idiots at my workplace come in on the agency. Like, the sorts of people you watch and wonder how they can breathe on their own... Of course, that's not everyone, but there's a rather scary amount. It becomes an even worse thought when you realise you share the roads with these people...
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5

Yes but apparently the working conditions are abysmal or so i have heard. Other companies such as Hermes have better working conditions would recommend their instead
Original post by Bowlol
Yes but apparently the working conditions are abysmal or so i have heard. Other companies such as Hermes have better working conditions would recommend their instead

Anyone but Hermes they sent me home after telling me to come out for a shift but cancelled when got there and didn’t get paid avoid like the plauge

Quick Reply

Latest