The Student Room Group

Manchester, Birmingham or Kingston?

Hey everyone!
I got conditional offers for these masters:

Art History and Curating (University of Birmingham)

Curating Contemporary Design (Kingston University London)

Museum and Gallery Studies (Kingston University London)

Art Gallery and Museum Studies (The University of Manchester)

At first I wanted to pick Kingston because the programme seemed more interesting to me but I feel like turning down Manchester and Birmingham would be stupid of me since their programmes also caught my eye.
Do you guys have any advice? Do you know which uni is better in those masters?
Thanks for your help!
I don't know anything about these particular degrees but I would definitely suggest jotting down the advantages + disadvantages for each uni and their respective degree, and start to make a decision from there.
Reply 2
As said above, weight the pros and cons of each uni. If possible you could visit the city and campus to see if you can see yourself there for the next few year. Also try talking to the students on that course at those universities as they can give you a good picture of what the course is really like.
Reply 3
Original post by frenchie_
I don't know anything about these particular degrees but I would definitely suggest jotting down the advantages + disadvantages for each uni and their respective degree, and start to make a decision from there.

thank you, will do
Reply 4
Original post by SyedN
As said above, weight the pros and cons of each uni. If possible you could visit the city and campus to see if you can see yourself there for the next few year. Also try talking to the students on that course at those universities as they can give you a good picture of what the course is really like.

thank you
I can't visit because I live in Southamerica but I will definitely wweight the pros and cons
Reply 5
Original post by miasali
thank you
I can't visit because I live in Southamerica but I will definitely wweight the pros and cons

Fair enough, I know Google Maps isn't as good but maybe you could use that to have a look around and you could find current students on TSR here so try to reach out and ask for their experiences!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest