The Student Room Group

Urgent IGCSE query

Hey guys so I have a question…
My school only provides igcse mandarin but I want to study igcse French
So can I not take igcse mandarin and instead take igcse French? I can study French by my tutor and the school can get the paper for me…

Is this possible?
You will have to speak to your head of language to sort this out.
Reply 2
Original post by dingdongbtches
You will have to speak to your head of language to sort this out.

Ok thanks but is this possible?
Original post by Aiko chan
Ok thanks but is this possible?

Yes it should be possible, depending on the school policy.

to brush up on your gcse french, i think you find it useful to have a go at a course. one i found useful is bytesofintelligence dot co dot uk and the french gcse course is great. have a go :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by integration4ever
Yes it should be possible, depending on the school policy.

to brush up on your gcse french, i think you find it useful to have a go at a course. one i found useful is bytesofintelligence dot co dot uk and the french gcse course is great. have a go :smile:

I talked with the school, but this is their reply

*** is required to study one of Mandarin or Spanish. There is no option for omitting this section of the curriculum and/or 'free time' on his timetable. If *** is noit interested in Mandarin, he may choose Spanish as a Foreign Language. Please confirm which of the two languages he will study.
Original post by Aiko chan
I talked with the school, but this is their reply

*** is required to study one of Mandarin or Spanish. There is no option for omitting this section of the curriculum and/or 'free time' on his timetable. If *** is noit interested in Mandarin, he may choose Spanish as a Foreign Language. Please confirm which of the two languages he will study.

you can do it privately
Reply 6
Original post by summerbirdreads
you can do it privately

Yea but that would mean I also need to do igcse mandarin/Spanish …which I really don’t want to study
Reply 7
Ig life doesn’t go the way we want:frown: looks like ill have to do mandarin then:frown:((
Reply 8
Original post by TyrionLay
Why can't you refuse to sit any of the two and sit French privately?

That’s exactly what I want but the school is not allowing this idk why
I’m gonna email Cambridge today and if they give a green light I’ll talk to my school again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending