The Student Room Group

LNAT Queries

Hi all, I'm an international student who will be applying for law (2022 entry). I had a couple of queries about the LNAT:

1. All those who have registered in the past, do you have to specify the LNAT universities you are going to apply to during the registration process?

2. When is the ideal time to take the LNAT? A couple of seniors (who are now studying in the UK) have told me that it's best to take the LNAT early and aim for an early application as many Unis work on a first come first serve basis. Does it make more sense to do the LNAT before or after submitting your UCAS application?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Unless you’re applying to Oxford there usually isn’t much advantage to sitting it early unless you were keen to “get it out of the way”.

Many LNAT unis send the bulk of their offers out after the LNAT deadline anyway so it’s unlikely that these universities are working on a first come first served basis.

I personally did my LNAT after my application (I applied in October and sat the test in late December), you don’t have to do the same if you don’t want to though.
Original post by Mikos
Unless you’re applying to Oxford there usually isn’t much advantage to sitting it early unless you were keen to “get it out of the way”.

Many LNAT unis send the bulk of their offers out after the LNAT deadline anyway so it’s unlikely that these universities are working on a first come first served basis.

I personally did my LNAT after my application (I applied in October and sat the test in late December), you don’t have to do the same if you don’t want to though.

Thank you so much for your response. I'm not applying to Oxford, so I don't necessarily need to do it early. Also, with regard to my first question - do you have to specify the LNAT unis you are applying to at the time of registration for the test?
Reply 3
Original post by foamroller23
Thank you so much for your response. I'm not applying to Oxford, so I don't necessarily need to do it early. Also, with regard to my first question - do you have to specify the LNAT unis you are applying to at the time of registration for the test?

It does ask you which LNAT universities you're applying to when you sign up I think, so I would imagine so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending