The Student Room Group

Practical Driving Test

I recently passed my theory, second attempt.
So I was finally allowed to book in my practical test, however the first date I got was January 10th 2022!! Does anyone know how I can get a cancellation? Because I’ve tried calling, but I know they’re really busy.
Has anyone had any luck with getting cancellations?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Check every morning around 8am to see if there's any cancellations. I had my test originally booked for 17th August 2021 in January but managed to get 26th July by checking very morning.
Original post by SyedN
Check every morning around 8am to see if there's any cancellations. I had my test originally booked for 17th August 2021 in January but managed to get 26th July by checking very morning.

Where did you check?
Reply 3
Here ya go:

https://www.gov.uk/change-driving-test

Scroll down to where you see Start Now button. After clicking that it asks for your License Number and Booking Number and then after logging in you can check for other dates available.
Original post by SyedN
Here ya go:

https://www.gov.uk/change-driving-test

Scroll down to where you see Start Now button. After clicking that it asks for your License Number and Booking Number and then after logging in you can check for other dates available.

Oh I get it, just like booking the test, just reviewing the dates, to see if a cancellation pops up.

Thanks for your help x
Reply 5
Original post by Dentaldreams
Oh I get it, just like booking the test, just reviewing the dates, to see if a cancellation pops up.

Thanks for your help x

Yup and no worries!
Reply 6
I recently passed my theory, second attempt.
So I was finally allowed to book in my practical test, however the first date I got was January 10th 2022!! Does anyone know how I can get a cancellation? Because I’ve tried calling, but I know they’re really busy.
Has anyone had any luck with getting cancellations?

Hi, this isn’t related to your question but how long did you spend revising for your theory test, and how did you revise? The only slot they had free for me to book was in 3 weeks time, so I’ve downloaded a theory app and I’m wondering if this sounds like a manageable time frame to learn it? And I hope you manage to get your earlier test date!! :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ..M..
Hi, this isn’t related to your question but how long did you spend revising for your theory test, and how did you revise? The only slot they had free for me to book was in 3 weeks time, so I’ve downloaded a theory app and I’m wondering if this sounds like a manageable time frame to learn it? And I hope you manage to get your earlier test date!! :smile:

That’s definitely manageable, I think I failed the first time because I didn’t really revise tbh. I thought it would be common sense so I skimmed the Highway Code and did 2 mock tests. I passed the hazard perception that’s easy.
I would suggest reading the Highway Code first, doing plenty of mock tests and then review your weak spots, and practice the hazard perception too, so you get the hang of it.
I only revised for a week even though I had to wait a long time, so I think you have plenty of time.
Thanks I hope so too!
Good luck on your test, I hope you pass 1st time x
Reply 8
Original post by ..M..

Not OP, but I did my theory test last year in September. Honestly doesn't take that long I prepped for 3 days using the 4 in 1 App.
Reply 9
That’s definitely manageable, I think I failed the first time because I didn’t really revise tbh. I thought it would be common sense so I skimmed the Highway Code and did 2 mock tests. I passed the hazard perception that’s easy.
I would suggest reading the Highway Code first, doing plenty of mock tests and then review your weak spots, and practice the hazard perception too, so you get the hang of it.
I only revised for a week even though I had to wait a long time, so I think you have plenty of time.
Thanks I hope so too!
Good luck on your test, I hope you pass 1st time x

Thank you for your tips, I’ll definitely make sure to get up to scratch on the Highway Code!! X
Reply 10
Original post by SyedN
Not OP, but I did my theory test last year in September. Honestly doesn't take that long I prepped for 3 days using the 4 in 1 App.

Thank you for your input! You’re all reassuring me that 3 weeks will be enough time :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by ..M..
Thank you for your input! You’re all reassuring me that 3 weeks will be enough time :smile:

Don't worry you got plenty of time you'll smash it!
You could use them 'Driving Test Cancellation' apps. I've not, personally, used them, but I've heard good stuff about them.
Original post by ..M..

3 weeks is definitely enough, just practice the questions on the 4 in 1 app daily and then for the last week just spend a lot of time doing the mock tests. I passed my theory test for the 1st time last week and most of the questions were the same as the ones in the 4 in 1 app just worded differently
Reply 14
Original post by Mathstarget10
3 weeks is definitely enough, just practice the questions on the 4 in 1 app daily and then for the last week just spend a lot of time doing the mock tests. I passed my theory test for the 1st time last week and most of the questions were the same as the ones in the 4 in 1 app just worded differently

I’ve got the app, so it’s nice to hear it works! And well done on passing your theory test!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ..M..

I only did a week of revision and got 47/50 (pass is 43) so definitely manageable, recommend using test theory pro and just going through all the questions and video clips for hazard awareness, good luck!
Original post by gtty123
You could use them 'Driving Test Cancellation' apps. I've not, personally, used them, but I've heard good stuff about them.

I have heard of them, I just wasn’t sure if they were reliable. I’ll probably give them a go, because I’m adamant to drive!
Thanks
Reply 17
Original post by Emmygus
I only did a week of revision and got 47/50 (pass is 43) so definitely manageable, recommend using test theory pro and just going through all the questions and video clips for hazard awareness, good luck!

Thanks for your recommendations!! :smile:
I have heard of them, I just wasn’t sure if they were reliable. I’ll probably give them a go, because I’m adamant to drive!
Thanks

They definitely are, I used a few to rebook mine from december to september (there were earlier or later ones but I wanted it around that time), there's one that autorebooks it for you aswell they cost a little but i'd say it's worth it as it's a bit of a pain to rebook manually as there's a queue and you can only search for cancellations so many times per hour (I recommend Testi or Drivingtestnow), Good luck!
Original post by Emmygus
They definitely are, I used a few to rebook mine from december to september (there were earlier or later ones but I wanted it around that time), there's one that autorebooks it for you aswell they cost a little but i'd say it's worth it as it's a bit of a pain to rebook manually as there's a queue and you can only search for cancellations so many times per hour (I recommend Testi or Drivingtestnow), Good luck!

Thank you for the reassurance, I’ll definitely check them out!
Thanks and good luck to you too x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending