The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MIT, Cambridge or Imperial for Engineering?

I live in the UK and am keen to meet innovative/ambitious people who would like to start up companies etc. While I get at all these places there will be people like that, does one of them have more innovation/more ambition outside of academic excellence?
Reply 1
Imperial supposedly ranked 2nd in Europe for innovation, but I have no idea what they mean by that. There are places around campus specifically for this sort of thing, like the enterprise lab.

However I would not be able to pick one out of those three with regards to how much their students care about start-ups. Really the course content will matter more than that.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
1. MIT
2. Imperial College
3. Cambridge.
Imperial has the Enterprise Lab for ideas you might have.
Why not apply to all and see which ones (if any) accept you first?
All of these universities will have systems to help support entrepreneurship from their students wether they need investments, patents, business guidance. But you’ll still need to generate the idea or solution to begin with.

That said your unlikely at any university to develop the idea directly from a lecture, but the course will give you a lot of knowledge and skills that you can apply to other problems you encounter.

You can guarantee they’ll be plenty of ambitious people at all these universities.
Original post by Anonymous
I live in the UK and am keen to meet innovative/ambitious people who would like to start up companies etc. While I get at all these places there will be people like that, does one of them have more innovation/more ambition outside of academic excellence?

Hi!

I'm Anudi, a student rep for Imperial.

As some of the others said in previous posts, Imperial has an Enterprise Lab - you can read more about it here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/enterprise/students/enterprise-lab/

Let me know if you'd like more information!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending