The Student Room Group

Is it unethical to use an essay writing mill?

If you pay someone to write your uni essay for you?

If so, in what way is it unethical?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by issawrap

youre not doing any work so whats the point? the grade wont be for you it would be for them. they would deserve it not you it doesnt show how much you know but how much they know

You really have to ask that?
No.
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
You really have to ask that?

Yes, I want to know people's opinions
Why is it unethical to do something unethical? Discuss.
Reply 6
Original post by hey yall
youre not doing any work so whats the point? the grade wont be for you it would be for them. they would deserve it not you it doesnt show how much you know but how much they know

True, but is it unethical? Would you say it makes someone morally bad?
Reply 7
Original post by Admit-One
Why is it unethical to do something unethical? Discuss.

Some of you guys on here are so boring.

Why is it unethical?
Reply 8
Original post by Little pecker
No.

Why?
Why is it unethical?

You are a philosophy undergraduate.
True, but is it unethical? Would you say it makes someone morally bad?

well personally a bit because they dont have the effort to do their own work, using someone else whether they are being paid to or not. you signed up for the work so you do it
Reply 11
Original post by Admit-One
You are a philosophy undergraduate.

Yes.
Next OP will be asking if it's unethical to slaughter a child in front of their parents.
Reply 13
Original post by hey yall
well personally a bit because they dont have the effort to do their own work, using someone else whether they are being paid to or not. you signed up for the work so you do it

But isn't that just breaking academic rules? In what way is breaking academic rules unethical?
Reply 14
Original post by RichPiana
Next OP will be asking if it's unethical to slaughter a child in front of their parents.

You really didn't just make that comparison... slaughtering a child...paying someone 50 quid to write some words...
Taking credit for someone else's work is unethical

Doing that to claim a qualification that you will use to demonstrate your knowledge and skills is fraud

Would you consider it unethical to pay someone else to sit a driving test for you? Would you have concerns about someone who did that then driving using the fraudulently obtained licence?
You’ve submitted work which you claim to be yours, but in actual fact is not. Therefore you have lied and cheated the system. I hope that helps.
You really didn't just make that comparison... slaughtering a child...paying someone 50 quid to write some words...

i dont think i need to explain myself any further since every other poster is explaining :lol:
Why?

Well its not for me because I don't have any moral qualms against it, but if you care about 'cheating the system' then it might.
Reply 19
Original post by PQ
Taking credit for someone else's work is unethical

Doing that to claim a qualification that you will use to demonstrate your knowledge and skills is fraud

Would you consider it unethical to pay someone else to sit a driving test for you? Would you have concerns about someone who did that then driving using the fraudulently obtained licence?

But the whole qualification and the skills and knowledge it represents wouldn't be based on this single essay-mill essay. At one point do you think it'd be unethical? If a student used an essay mill for their entire degree, or if they used it even just once?

I wouldn't consider it unethical to pay someone to sit a driving test for me. I'd just think it stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending