The Student Room Group

Would you be ok if your best friend dates your ex?

So.
Depends how serious the ex was. A couple of dates kind of ex I don't think would be a big deal, but say I broke up with my current bf I'd be pretty furious if a friend went for him.
With friends like that who need enemies?

NO.
It would depend on the relationship and why it was terminated tbh.
Not enough information.
Reply 4
It happened to me once and I was upset out of impulse. But when I thought about it I didn't clearly understand the reason why I should actually be upset. I think it was just my ego or the idea that it's supposed to not be nice thing to happen. That being said, I think my friend was inconsiderate.

I had a friend say to me once that he was annoyed when he heard I took a girl he liked to my place. Nothing had ever happened between them, I knew he wanted to sleep with her but not that he actually liked her (afaik he doesn't), and it had easily been 1 year of that situation. Still, he was upset about it.

I don't think the feelings necessarily make sense but people do have them, so I try to be more considerate about it. Being considerate of friends is part of what makes friends friends.
Original post by miser
It happened to me once and I was upset out of impulse. But when I thought about it I didn't clearly understand the reason why I should actually be upset. I think it was just my ego or the idea that it's supposed to not be nice thing to happen. That being said, I think my friend was inconsiderate.

I had a friend say to me once that he was annoyed when he heard I took a girl he liked to my place. Nothing had ever happened between them, I knew he wanted to sleep with her but not that he actually liked her (afaik he doesn't), and it had easily been 1 year of that situation. Still, he was upset about it.

I don't think the feelings necessarily make sense but people do have them, so I try to be more considerate about it. Being considerate of friends is part of what makes friends friends.

The problem that would come for me is that I expect to hang out with my friend's boyfriend at some point... bit awkward if it's your ex.
Original post by miser

If a person likes someone but doesn't do anything about it for a year, what do they expect is going to happen?
It’s very situational.
Reply 8
I think it depends mostly on the relationship between you and your ex. If you guys broke up because you didnt see each other as people you want to spend the rest of lives with and discovered more diffrences eventually falling out of love and losing those feelings but still maintaining a good relationship as friends then i think it is fine. If you broke up because you started arguing or sth like that and dont like each other then it is not ok.
Reply 9
I have no trust than to let them be
helllll nooo
Depends on the type of ex and how reasonably he behaved during & after the relationship.
I'd think that my best friend had gone mad if she wanted to date stalker ex or the religious ranter.
That said, I have introduced exes desperate to get married or start families with likeminded single female friends.
Original post by londonmyst
Depends on the type of ex and how reasonably he behaved during & after the relationship.
I'd think that my best friend had gone mad if she wanted to date stalker ex or the religious ranter.
That said, I have introduced exes desperate to get married or start families with likeminded single female friends.

Where do I meet older well-establised gentlemen? thankx :h:
It depends on the circumstances of the breakup.

The only time it happened to me was after I broke up with a girl after 7 months because I decided I did not love her and she was not the girl for me long term. I slept with her afterwards for a couple of months and she was still very attached so it was a weird notion with only a few months of no real contact between us before their copulation but ultimately I was not bothered myself and they never became serious.
Original post by Anonymous
Where do I meet older well-establised gentlemen? thankx :h:

Ascot, business networking events, cpd courses, experienced matchmaking agencies, henley regetta, private members clubs/libraries/gyms, professional singles events, the workplace, some heliports and vip airport lounges.
Ascot, business networking events, cpd courses, experienced matchmaking agencies, henley regetta, private members clubs/libraries/gyms, professional singles events, the workplace, some heliports and vip airport lounges.

Are you a very wealthy woman? :sexface:
Original post by Anonymous
Are you a very wealthy woman? :sexface:

Not yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending