The Student Room Group

Is Runshaw really the best college in the North West?

My friend’s parents and auntie went to Runshaw and did not exactly enjoy their time there (her auntie is only 28), plus, they did not handle COVID very well. For people who go or have been to Runshaw, should I apply next year? For reference, I wanna study Geography, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and my current grades are sufficient for those courses. Would really appreciate if you would share some info with me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I'mnotginger
My friend’s parents and auntie went to Runshaw and did not exactly enjoy their time there (her auntie is only 28), plus, they did not handle COVID very well. For people who go or have been to Runshaw, should I apply next year? For reference, I wanna study Geography, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and my current grades are sufficient for those courses. Would really appreciate if you would share some info with me

Hmmm - I personally wouldn't put Runshaw up there... for me it would be Loreto, Xavier and Holy Cross in the top three but I'm not too sure
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by CJStevens
Hmmm - I personally wouldn't put Runshaw up there... for me it would be Loreto, Xavier and Holy Cross in the top three but I'm not too sure

Ty for replying! Unfortunately, I live in Chorley, Lancashire so I doubt I'll be able to attend a college in Manchester as the commute would be rather long and tiresome. It would have to be an outstanding school for me to want to go there. I'm also not sure I want to go to a predominately male school since I'm a girl and prefer having a mixed friend group of girls and boys if I'm honest. Holy Cross looks really good tho!
(edited 2 years ago)
Ty for replying! Unfortunately, I live in Chorley, Lancashire so I doubt I'll be able to attend a college in Manchester as the commute would be rather long and tiresome. It would have to be an outstanding school for me to want to go there. I'm also not sure I want to go to a predominately male school since I'm a girl and prefer having a mixed friend group of girls and boys if I'm honest. Holy Cross looks really good tho!

That makes complete sense! By ranking then I would assume Runshaw to be your best option.

Holy Cross is great (extremely biased opinion haha)

I’m going to Runshaw in September wbu x
Original post by Charlotte3568

I’m going into Year 11 this September but my school is already on my back forcing me to start thinking about my college applications early on in the year x
That makes complete sense! By ranking then I would assume Runshaw to be your best option.

Holy Cross is great (extremely biased opinion haha

Oh cool! So are you enjoying your courses? And how are the teachers? Are their teaching styles effective and are they nice enough?
(edited 2 years ago)
Oh cool! So are you enjoying your courses? And how are the teachers? Are their teaching styles effective and are they nice enough?

I finished this year but, barring covid, my time there was some of the best time of my life so far! They were unbelievably helpful and always seemed to go above and beyond
Hi, I've moved your thread to the Secondary school, sixth form and FE college forum, as it got made in the University of Cambridge colleges forum which isn't the right place for it :smile:
Original post by artful_lounger
Hi, I've moved your thread to the Secondary school, sixth form and FE college forum, as it got made in the University of Cambridge colleges forum which isn't the right place for it :smile:

Omg ty! Sorry, I'm new :/

applied for runshaw but im not going there people say its not that good of a school as people make it out to be that why im going to bolton 6th form
Omg ty! Sorry, I'm new :/

No problem, that's why the forum helpers are here, to help out with such things :h:
(edited 2 years ago)
I finished this year but, barring covid, my time there was some of the best time of my life so far! They were unbelievably helpful and always seemed to go above and beyond

What courses did you do :smile:
Original post by The Real Me
applied for runshaw but im not going there people say its not that good of a school as people make it out to be that why im going to bolton 6th form

What people have said this ?
Reply 14

i'm going to runshaw in september too x
What courses did you do :smile:

Law, Eng Lit and Maths
Law, Eng Lit and Maths

How did you find law and English lit

What exam board is Runshaws English lit and what books/ poems did you study in English lit :smile:
What people have said this ?

in discrd servers people who go to runshaw say it aint that good of a school

Well it’s been given outstanding rate by the council/ ofsted so they probably lying to you

Are you able to leave a link for me to read?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending