The Student Room Group

2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
UCAS have worked their little socks off and matched the exam results to applications in record time.

They’re now available to universities.

So no delays or late nights. Universities will be getting busy from tomorrow morning and hopefully as many decisions as possible will be sorted and sent to UCAS before Track is unfrozen on Tuesday

Thank you so much for putting in so much effort to keep us all updated!!
Original post by PQ
UCAS have worked their little socks off and matched the exam results to applications in record time.

They’re now available to universities.

So no delays or late nights. Universities will be getting busy from tomorrow morning and hopefully as many decisions as possible will be sorted and sent to UCAS before Track is unfrozen on Tuesday

Do you work for ucas
Original post by Ten-Ten
Do you work for ucas

No

How do you know so much about it
Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 8am and midday.

So if at 8:30 it doesn't say whether I've been accepted or not, I have to wait 3 hours for track to update?

Track will go live AFTER 8:30am on results day. UCAS say 8:30am (and 8am for Advisers)
I've seen a school say that people can collect their results from 8, is that not breaking the embargo then as the 'advisers' will be staff at the school? Or is this embargo only for university places and not A Level grades?
Original post by Ten-Ten

The information is reliable if that's what you are worried about
Hi :smile: I know I'm late to this thread but:

1. I'm doing A Levels
2. The A Levels I studied are History; English Language & Literature; Philosophy & Ethics
3. My firm university is University of Brighton and my insurance is St Mary's University
4. I am going to be doing Primary Education (with QTS) ages 5-11
5. The required grades are B,B,B
6. I'm going to uni in September 2021
7. The grades that I was predicted were A,B,B
8. I'm really, really nervous about results day because I have put an idea in my head of what I am going to get, and now I am worried my results won't be what I expected.
9. Good luck to everyone else for results day!!!
Ahhhh! I can't believe it is six days away! If I'm being honest I just wish it was tomorrow because I want to get it over with.
Original post by K Russell
Ahhhh! I can't believe it is six days away! If I'm being honest I just wish it was tomorrow because I want to get it over with.

yeah same
Original post by LawStudent456
Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 8am and midday.

So if at 8:30 it doesn't say whether I've been accepted or not, I have to wait 3 hours for track to update?

Track will go live AFTER 8:30am on results day. UCAS say 8:30am (and 8am for Advisers)
I've seen a school say that people can collect their results from 8, is that not breaking the embargo then as the 'advisers' will be staff at the school? Or is this embargo only for university places and not A Level grades?

This is what I am kinda worried about, like imagine it don't update for us so we wont get that pre warning in a sense of what our results will be like. My initial plan was to check track at around 08:00 AM to see if I got into my firm, that way I will know at minimum I got AAB but I found out yesterday that it is going live at 08:30 AM so I will have to check track on my way to school lol which will be annoying but it must be done.

Either way I want to pre warn myself in ample time for 09:00 AM where I will go into school and collect my results

Also yeah one of my mates told me his school is giving results out electronically via email at 08:00 AM, I assume the embargo is for university places.

Anyways best of luck to you for your results
Reply 230
Understandable to be very nervous. Everyone will soon know now.
Original post by K Russell

Since last week I was thinking about it so much but I am working so this week it sort of not on my mind as much surprisingly even tho it is 6 days away.

Best of luck to you on your results and your next steps
Original post by LawStudent456
The information is reliable if that's what you are worried about

Nope. Just wondering how they know so much
That would make sense
Original post by Ten-Ten

PQ has years of experience working in universities (including admissions) and has also had training from UCAS about the clearing and applications process (as have several TSR helpers and volunteers). When in doubt, PQ has the answer. Whether it's personal statements or unblocking toilets, I've relied on PQ's advice many a time. It's free and it's golden.

P.S. Incorrect pronoun
Original post by 04MR17
Whether it's personal statements or unblocking toilets, I've relied on PQ's advice many a time. It's free and it's golden.

Lmao love this reply🤣🤣🤣
Reply 236
I was thinking the same. The reply was nicely phrased.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Unknown1232003
Lmao love this reply🤣🤣🤣

Genuinely, I've seen PQ give advice about toilet blockages. :tongue:
Original post by 04MR17
PQ has years of experience working in universities (including admissions) and has also had training from UCAS about the clearing and applications process (as have several TSR helpers and volunteers). When in doubt, PQ has the answer. Whether it's personal statements or unblocking toilets, I've relied on PQ's advice many a time. It's free and it's golden.

P.S. Incorrect pronoun

There’s something about the way people “defend” PQ on this site that’s very interesting 🤔. I’m intrigued
Original post by Ten-Ten
There’s something about the way people “defend” PQ on this site that’s very interesting 🤔. I’m intrigued

What do you have against this person?? lol

Quick Reply

Latest