The Student Room Group

Long distance relationships

Is it possible for a guy to fall in love with you after less than a week online?

Scroll to see replies

No
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
No

are u certain? 😞
Original post by peony98
Is it possible for a guy to fall in love with you after less than a week online?

I mean sure it's possible. But I mean it is a bit quick. However if it's love then it's love. But be careful. I have had a lot of long distance relationships end badly. As I met them and it didn't work out. So be careful.
Reply 4
Original post by Kentinho99
I mean sure it's possible. But I mean it is a bit quick. However if it's love then it's love. But be careful. I have had a lot of long distance relationships end badly. As I met them and it didn't work out. So be careful.

yes thats true i feel like its rushed
Original post by peony98
are u certain? 😞

Yes.
In a week it is not even possible to know the other person let alone claim to be in love with them especially in an online relationship.
It is possible to make a connection and know that it is one that you wish to pursue.
Reply 6

i feel the same i feel hes lying
Reply 7
Yes.
In a week it is not even possible to know the other person let alone claim to be in love with them especially in an online relationship.
It is possible to make a connection and know that it is one that you wish to pursue.

he keeps saying weird things to me like he loves me which is so bizarre
Original post by peony98
i feel the same i feel hes lying

Well if you feel like he's lying tell him that you are flattered but you need time. See where you are after about a month or maybe two if you still feel uncomfortable tell him.
Original post by peony98
he keeps saying weird things to me like he loves me which is so bizarre

He sounds like a creep
Reply 10
Yes.

so its definitly a lie right?
Original post by peony98
yes thats true i feel like its rushed

Yeah. You need time for a relationship to work. Just talk maybe as friends and see what happens. You shouldn't rush into anything because you will get hurt.
Reply 12
He sounds like a creep

hes like 17 and im 23 😳
Reply 13
Yeah. You need time for a relationship to work. Just talk maybe as friends and see what happens. You shouldn't rush into anything because you will get hurt.

yes but even if i tell him hes still gonna say i love u he wont listen
He sounds like a creep

He's probably desperate for a relationship. This is why he says it after a week. It's not right tbh. He maybe a creep who knows.
Reply 15
He's probably desperate for a relationship. This is why he says it after a week. It's not right tbh. He maybe a creep who knows.

hes 17 lol im 23
Reply 16

he said it way quicker than that it was on the first day i think
Original post by peony98
hes 17 lol im 23

Yeah he's desperate. He's young really young. He needs to mature a bit to be able to be in a relationship. At 16/17/18 you don't really know the world fully. He needs time to live and mature before anything solid happens.
Reply 18
Yeah he's desperate. He's young really young. He needs to mature a bit to be able to be in a relationship. At 16/17/18 you don't really know the world fully. He needs time to live and mature before anything solid happens.

so hes using me right? plus he did weird things like asking for nudes
Original post by peony98
he said it way quicker than that it was on the first day i think

Tell him he is sweet and all but you can't be in a relationship with him yet and you don't feel the same way about him as he does about you.

Quick Reply