The Student Room Group

Have you ever tried bumble BFF??

It’s a friendship app so I’m using it to make new friends and what I don’t understand is why some people would message you first and when you message them back they don’t respond . What was the point of even messaging me in the first place if that’s how you’re going to act ?? Has anyone had a successful experience with it , so far I’ve had a lot of matches but some conversations died down and others I’m still in contact but nobody has yet made any plans to meet up anytime soon I guess everyone expects the other person to make the move
Reply 1
Original post by JAckieee.chan
You're using the wrong app for the wrong purpose. Bumble is not for making 'friends'.

People use bumble for either relationships or hookups.

Bumble BFF is different to Bumble Date, and OP is in fact using it for the correct purposes
Reply 2
Original post by JAckieee.chan
You're using the wrong app for the wrong purpose. Bumble is not for making 'friends'.

People use bumble for either relationships or hookups.

You got it confused mate, they do have a section where it’s made for friendships only
Original post by Anonymous
It’s a friendship app so I’m using it to make new friends and what I don’t understand is why some people would message you first and when you message them back they don’t respond . What was the point of even messaging me in the first place if that’s how you’re going to act ?? Has anyone had a successful experience with it , so far I’ve had a lot of matches but some conversations died down and others I’m still in contact but nobody has yet made any plans to meet up anytime soon I guess everyone expects the other person to make the move

I used it for the first time a year ago and had a similar experience.

I don't think it's necessarily bad if they don't reply, sometimes you just change your mind and feel like you're not gonna vibe well.

And yeah, I think they do expect the other person to make the move tbh. Or some aren't actually serious about meeting up, they just want to chat online.
Original post by gjd800
Bumble BFF is different to Bumble Date, and OP is in fact using it for the correct purposes

wow didnt know, ' Bumble BFF' exists.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by sunshine774
I used it for the first time a year ago and had a similar experience.

I don't think it's necessarily bad if they don't reply, sometimes you just change your mind and feel like you're not gonna vibe well.

And yeah, I think they do expect the other person to make the move tbh. Or some aren't actually serious about meeting up, they just want to chat online.

I had someone I was meant to meet up with but our schedules were so off so they stopped responding and this other girl was really nice in the beginning and after I responded I didn’t get a response back . I feel like some people on this app don’t even want to make friends or get too tired to put in the work . I find it exhausting responding back sometimes I can’t lie but I still force myself to do it just to give people a chance and see where it goes
Original post by Anonymous
I had someone I was meant to meet up with but our schedules were so off so they stopped responding and this other girl was really nice in the beginning and after I responded I didn’t get a response back . I feel like some people on this app don’t even want to make friends or get too tired to put in the work . I find it exhausting responding back sometimes I can’t lie but I still force myself to do it just to give people a chance and see where it goes

yeah, I think some people go off it.

I wasn't getting anywhere with the app so I just stopped using it.

Don't force yourself to do it if you don't want to. You can't force friendships or connections, and if you do it will end badly.

The right people will come to you, really.

And if you do still want to use apps to meet people in your area, I'm sure there are other ones on the Internet.
Reply 7
Original post by sunshine774
yeah, I think some people go off it.

I wasn't getting anywhere with the app so I just stopped using it.

Don't force yourself to do it if you don't want to. You can't force friendships or connections, and if you do it will end badly.

The right people will come to you, really.

And if you do still want to use apps to meet people in your area, I'm sure there are other ones on the Internet.

True but I do it because we’ve already been speaking for some time and I do still want to be in touch , I just get overwhelmed easily and my ADD is why I force myself to message back cos I get distracted easily and next thing you know it’s been days and I haven’t responded lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending