The Student Room Group

How to quit a job you just started?

I don't know what to say i'm too awkward for chats like these lol. I've only been there for 3 weeks
Just don't show up
Just say you dont like the job and want to leave - no point sticking around (or look for other jobs while in this job)
Reply 3
"Dear XXXX manager,

This is notice of my resignation from role XXXX. My last date of work will be XXXXXX."
Original post by Moral high horse
Just don't show up

but doesn’t that mean they won’t pay me? they pay monthly so i’ve got like 4 more weeks till the next paychequ
Original post by elizabethxo
but doesn’t that mean they won’t pay me? they pay monthly so i’ve got like 4 more weeks till the next paychequ

If you dont show up with no reasoning, you should be fired - easy fix asdfghjk

If you want to wait for the paycheck, it will give you a chance to consider if you could really do the job long term or at least continue in it - three weeks might not be long enough to determine that, doing it for seven weeks mean you get some money and are able to fully understand the job!
Original post by AmIReallyHere
If you dont show up with no reasoning, you should be fired - easy fix asdfghjk

If you want to wait for the paycheck, it will give you a chance to consider if you could really do the job long term or at least continue in it - three weeks might not be long enough to determine that, doing it for seven weeks mean you get some money and are able to fully understand the job!

asdhjk the fact that you didnt give the full information here kind of makes my advice useless since you made a second forum and actually explained stuff there
Original post by AmIReallyHere
asdhjk the fact that you didnt give the full information here kind of makes my advice useless since you made a second forum and actually explained stuff there

yeah sorry about that, it’s because no one was replying to that one at first so thought i’d make another here😂 but now you’ve seen my other forum, could you let me know how your advice has changed?
Original post by elizabethxo
yeah sorry about that, it’s because no one was replying to that one at first so thought i’d make another here😂 but now you’ve seen my other forum, could you let me know how your advice has changed?

You said you had been offered another job which pays higher right; go for that, no question about it - unless you think you won't enjoy that one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending