Original post by success4life
What are the ways to do this?

Hedwig delivers it
Reply 3
Pigeonhole or mailbox in a mail room

Hi!
For most halls of residence, you would put your flat and room number on the order and it will be sent to your halls.
If it is a letter or a small parcel then it tends to go into a letter box inside the reception of your halls - each flat usually has one to share between each of you. If it is a bigger parcel or needs to be signed for then it will be given to reception and you collect it from them (some halls will send you an email saying that you have a parcel to collect).
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:

Hello,

As already mentioned by @University of Portsmouth Student Rep, the halls you live in have mailboxes and in some cases receptions.

Your actual campus can help you out with this too! We have a Porter's Lodge that you can send all of your mail and parcels to. They will sign for it and email you once it has arrived. This is great if you know that no one is going to be in your flat and you can grab it on the way back from lectures. There is nothing like a clothes parcel to get you through a 9am lecture!

Lydia :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
You get a pidge - or I did, anyway.

Yes but do you pay to set up redirection or are there other ways so your mail doesn't go home. I'm not in a position for my family to send me them.
Yes but do you pay to set up redirection or are there other ways so your mail doesn't go home. I'm not in a position for my family to send me them.
Original post by mnot
Hedwig delivers it

Original post by gjd800
Pigeonhole or mailbox in a mail room

Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi!
For most halls of residence, you would put your flat and room number on the order and it will be sent to your halls.
If it is a letter or a small parcel then it tends to go into a letter box inside the reception of your halls - each flat usually has one to share between each of you. If it is a bigger parcel or needs to be signed for then it will be given to reception and you collect it from them (some halls will send you an email saying that you have a parcel to collect).
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:

Yes but do you need to pay for a redirection as my family is not in a position to send my mail to the uni
Original post by Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Hello,

As already mentioned by @University of Portsmouth Student Rep, the halls you live in have mailboxes and in some cases receptions.

Your actual campus can help you out with this too! We have a Porter's Lodge that you can send all of your mail and parcels to. They will sign for it and email you once it has arrived. This is great if you know that no one is going to be in your flat and you can grab it on the way back from lectures. There is nothing like a clothes parcel to get you through a 9am lecture!

Lydia :smile:

Mail goes to reception, end of. If your family cannot post to you, then is another matter.

You have an address and postcode.
Mail gets dropped off the way it does anywhere else.

If you live in a large block of flats then their will likely be a reception area for parcels and a lockbox or pigeonhole for mail. In a student house, its like any other house.
Original post by mnot
You have an address and postcode.
Mail gets dropped off the way it does anywhere else.

If you live in a large block of flats then their will likely be a reception area for parcels and a lockbox or pigeonhole for mail. In a student house, its like any other house.

So I take it you set up redirection for new address then.

I never did this.

I dont write letters to people, the only stuff i got was parcels I ordered off amazon, when I moved I just ordered stuff to my new address.

You could set up a redirection (which will cost money) or you can change your address with organisations who will be sending you stuff in the post.

For a lot of stuff these days, you can generally switch to receiving things online rather than by post. Obviously that doesn't work with physical objects (e.g. bank cards).
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by martin7
You could set up a redirection (which will cost money) or you can change your address with organisations who will be sending you stuff in the post.

For a lot of stuff these days, you can generally switch to receiving things online rather than by post. Obviously that doesn't work with physical objects (e.g. bank cards).

Thank you, I already have a redirection set up so I know how that works thankfully, they have been sending me my dads letters because of the same initial for first name. Awful!
As you say, Im best to change my address manually and think about how I can get bank statements or physical mail x
Original post by mnot
I never did this.

I dont write letters to people, the only stuff i got was parcels I ordered off amazon, when I moved I just ordered stuff to my new address.

I have letters, bank statements, doctors results, letter of disability. Things I'll still receive when Im there. I will put some thought into thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending