The Student Room Group

Is the fact that i have high standards for guys and barely any for women a sign

a sign im not bi

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no it's a sign you're sexist
Are you still attracted to men?
Standards and sexual attraction don't really correlate.
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
no it's a sign you're sexist

lol what? haha
Reply 5
Original post by Vapordave
Are you still attracted to men?

Yeah, only like the top 5%
Reply 6
pls don't listen to the other commenters !! you're not at all sexist (sexism against men doesn't exist) and attraction and standards CAN correlate,, could very well be a sign you just like girls (assuming you're wlw/nblw)
It'd imply that you only have a specific type when it comes to men, but are generally more attracted to women.

However, from personal experience, I was in the same boat for years before eventually coming out as a lesbian. So in that sense yes it could very well be a sign.
Reply 8
Original post by hrtpjm
pls don't listen to the other commenters !! you're not at all sexist (sexism against men doesn't exist) and attraction and standards CAN correlate,, could very well be a sign you just like girls (assuming you're wlw/nblw)

I beg your man hating pardon?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9298685/Male-lab-worker-sues-sexual-discrimination-female-boss-told-man-up.html
That doesn't mean you're not bi. I think in general that most women are more attractive than men so I ain't surprised you have higher standards for the other.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10

not even gonna click that lol it's the daily mail,, not gonna get into an argument either since debate culture is the backbone of right-wing politics so i won't reply anymore :h:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hrtpjm
not even gonna click that lol it's the daily mail,, not gonna get into an argument either since debate culture is the backbone of right-wing politics so i won't reply anymore :h:

r u serious...this has got to be a new troll
Original post by CountBread
r u serious...this has got to be a new troll

lmao seems like a troll

"-debate culture is the backbone of right-wing politics so i won't reply anymore" is literally the dumbest thing I've heard in a very (very) long time :bird:
Original post by hrtpjm

Pffff, i think you need to go back to check the definition of sexism...or maybe try opening a dictionary, although it seems like that might be too difficult for you to do-
Reply 14
Original post by sinfonietta
It'd imply that you only have a specific type when it comes to men, but are generally more attracted to women.

However, from personal experience, I was in the same boat for years before eventually coming out as a lesbian. So in that sense yes it could very well be a sign.

😮 didn't think you was a lesbian.....
Original post by ANM775
😮 didn't think you was a lesbian.....

Surprise, I guess!(?)
Original post by sinfonietta
Surprise, I guess!(?)

But you're In a relationship with a tsr user who is a man...
Man, this thread is a roller coaster of emotions!

Anyway, OP: No, it's not a sign that you're not bi. Very few bisexual people are exactly 50:50 in their attraction to women and men, and that can be in terms of the standards they have for each gender, how often they find themselves attracted to different genders, or even the style or kind of relationship they're interested in pursuing with different genders. I'm bi myself, and I find myself attracted to girls much more often than guys. But that doesn't mean I'm not bi.

Also, don't feel you have to label yourself if you don't want to. If the word "bisexual" is helpful for you to describe yourself, great. If not, one way or another, you like who you like, your feelings are valid, and you're a legitimate person who deserves to be happy.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
But you're In a relationship

no longer
Original post by gjd800
no longer

Doesn't make sense. From her posts, it sounded like she really liked you and even in some posts, she mentioned she thought you were hot enough to have sex with. How can after all that can you be lesbian? Sorry to hear about that though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending