The Student Room Group

Is this weird to ask?

Is it weird to ask a person you first met do you want to be my friend or am I just overthinking it? I’m an introvert and I really want to start making friends.

How would you respond if someone asked you that? Would you think it’s weird?
i think some people would find that a little too forward. Maybe instead ask if they want to hang out or grab a drink. Also asking for their social media helps so you can get to know each other more over text. Making friends will happen naturally! and don't worry if you don't instantly get along, it can take time
hi :smile:

personally, i wouldn't think its weird at all. everyone's different and there are definitely many ways of forming friendships.
you are doing really well! its hard to make the first conversation but as long as you feel comfortable and you try to put across your sincerity, you will for sure meet people that you can connect with.

if someone asked me whether we could be friends, I would say yes. its a direct and nice way that shows someone that they want to get to know you.

i hope that helped but meeting new people can be a scary thing to do so just take a deep breath and try your best :smile:
Do what the user above said, go with the flow.
Reply 4
Original post by whitestar01
hi :smile:

personally, i wouldn't think its weird at all. everyone's different and there are definitely many ways of forming friendships.
you are doing really well! its hard to make the first conversation but as long as you feel comfortable and you try to put across your sincerity, you will for sure meet people that you can connect with.

if someone asked me whether we could be friends, I would say yes. its a direct and nice way that shows someone that they want to get to know you.

i hope that helped but meeting new people can be a scary thing to do so just take a deep breath and try your best :smile:

Thank you, your reply reassured me. Ig the worst case scenario is if they decline and say they’re not comfortable and I move on :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, your reply reassured me. Ig the worst case scenario is if they decline and say they’re not comfortable and I move on :smile:

saying do you wanna do something together one weekend is basically the same as asking if they wanna be friends. But it's a specific question, which people are more comfortable with and understand, asking if someone wants to be your friend is super sweet but since you gotta hang out with someone to decide if you will be good friends then it makes sense not to put them on the spot!
Reply 6
saying do you wanna do something together one weekend is basically the same as asking if they wanna be friends. But it's a specific question, which people are more comfortable with and understand, asking if someone wants to be your friend is super sweet but since you gotta hang out with someone to decide if you will be good friends then it makes sense not to put them on the spot!

I kind of wanted to befriend a guy ik, I feel if I ask him do I wanna do something with him he may feel as if I’m asking him out on a date
I kind of wanted to befriend a guy ik, I feel if I ask him do I wanna do something with him he may feel as if I’m asking him out on a date

Oh I see, you can refer to him as mate or bro casually when the situation allows and suggest other people come along too. Unless you invite him to a romantic dinner or something super cosy he is jumping to conclusions by assuming romantic interest. remember that's not your problem
Yes, I would think it's weird. I'd think the person lacks social skills and it'd put me off a little.

Definitely ask him out, but make sure you just friend zone him. Can be before or after. Keep it entirely platonic too.

”You’re a great friend, and I enjoyed my day out” etc.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending