The Student Room Group

Applying to University After A Level Results

Does anyone know how the process works for people who have taken a gap year and are applying to univeristy?

As I'll already have my A level results, will I get an unconditional offer at the same time everyone receives their conditional offer with their predicted grades or will I have to wait until August when everyone receives their A level results?
If you don’t have outstanding results then your offer will usually be unconditional, or conditional on you providing proof of your results
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
If you don’t have outstanding results then your offer will usually be unconditional, or conditional on you providing proof of your results

Great thank you so much for your help!
Original post by rubie_blu
Great thank you so much for your help!

Hello,

This is correct, you can get an unconditional ahead of everyone else. I would just like to add a note.

However, it is worth noting that you could still get a conditional. This could be based on passing interview, gaining a satisfactory DBS or health checks. This is for specific courses and would be listed on the entry requirements but it is worth mentioning in case!

Once you had achieved those conditions, you would go to unconditional before results day whereas everyone else would still be waiting on their results.

Lydia :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Hello,

This is correct, you can get an unconditional ahead of everyone else. I would just like to add a note.

However, it is worth noting that you could still get a conditional. This could be based on passing interview, gaining a satisfactory DBS or health checks. This is for specific courses and would be listed on the entry requirements but it is worth mentioning in case!

Once you had achieved those conditions, you would go to unconditional before results day whereas everyone else would still be waiting on their results.

thank you so much for your reply lydia!

i’m planning on applying for child nursing which i know requires an interview. would you perhaps know if i would still get the interview and then the unconditional offer before everyone else?

i’m planning on applying for child nursing which i know requires an interview. would you perhaps know if i would still get the interview and then the unconditional offer before everyone else?

I've applied for radiography this year, have my results already and had to have interviews. After applying i was basically sent an email by each uni asking me to an interview, and then some time after the interview the offer would appear on track, so nothing updated on ucas until after the interview. Most were unconditional but still said in the offer information that they were conditional on providing proof of results and passing dbs etc. The ones that were conditional on ucas were again on providing results proof etc.
Reply 6
Original post by Kogomogo
I've applied for radiography this year, have my results already and had to have interviews. After applying i was basically sent an email by each uni asking me to an interview, and then some time after the interview the offer would appear on track, so nothing updated on ucas until after the interview. Most were unconditional but still said in the offer information that they were conditional on providing proof of results and passing dbs etc. The ones that were conditional on ucas were again on providing results proof etc.

thanks that’s really helpful! :smile:

Yes, that is correct! Once you had completed the condition of an interview, you would be made unconditional. Whereas everyone else would still have the condition of UCAS points to achieve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending