Liverpool

University of Liverpool Clearing and Adjustment 2021

Scroll to see replies

Posting to subscribe :bl:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Hello everyone :biggrin:

We would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about applying through Clearing or how Adjustment works. We are a team of both current University of Liverpool students and staff.

Good luck to all those still to receive their grades,
The University of Liverpool TSR Team :five:
Original post by Andy Basic
If I don't quite make my grades for Computer Science at my main or insurance choices then Liverpool will be my first choice in clearing. The UCAs clearing site says that the required grades are ABB - I have two questions -

- Does that mean that it would not be worth ringing the university if it was one grade lower than that?

- If I have ABB, is the department's decision about offering me a place entirely based on the grades or do they take other things into consideration? If so, what is that likely to be? - Personal statement? Questions asked at the time? My ability to show why I want to come to Liverpool? etc

Thanks

Andy

HI

If I don't quite make my grades for Computer Science at my main or insurance choices then Liverpool will be my first choice in clearing. The UCAS clearing site says that the required grades are ABB - I have two questions -

- Does that mean that it would not be worth ringing the university if it was one grade lower than that?

- If I have ABB, is the department's decision about offering me a place entirely based on the grades or do they take other things into consideration? If so, what is that likely to be? - Personal statement? Questions asked at the time? My ability to show why I want to come to Liverpool? etc

Thanks

(P.S. I thought I had already posted this but it seems to have disappeared - sorry if you've already answered but I can't see it).
Original post by Andy Basic
HI

If I don't quite make my grades for Computer Science at my main or insurance choices then Liverpool will be my first choice in clearing. The UCAS clearing site says that the required grades are ABB - I have two questions -

Thanks

(P.S. I thought I had already posted this but it seems to have disappeared - sorry if you've already answered but I can't see it).

Hello Andy,

Thank you for you getting in touch.

To complete a clearing application with the University of Liverpool you would need to do this through our online form. You can give yourself a head start and begin your clearing application now so that you are ready to submit once clearing opens at 8:30am BST on Tuesday 10 August.

We carefully assess all applications to the University as we want to ensure our courses are the right fit for you. We’ll look at whether your grades meet our requirements and also the numbers of places available on the course. In some circumstances, if we’re unable to offer you a place on the course you applied for we may offer you an alternative.

Our vacancies are updated frequently so please review our list and the entry requirements for your programme, before submitting your application you can do this here. Some courses may only release these closer to the opening of clearing.

You can find out further information about our clearing and our results 2021 period here.

I hope this helps,
Tom
Original post by University of Liverpool

We would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about applying through Clearing or how Adjustment works. We are a team of both current University of Liverpool students and staff.

I am a mature student who has just went back into education after a few years off.

I did an access course but I'm worried my grades might be a bit lower than my offer, is there any leeway with mature students?

The course is anatomy and human biology.

Thanks
Original post by lpoolapply879
I am a mature student who has just went back into education after a few years off.

I did an access course but I'm worried my grades might be a bit lower than my offer, is there any leeway with mature students?

The course is anatomy and human biology.

Thanks

Hello :smile:

Thank you for getting in touch.

With the embargo period still being activate we would unfortunately not be able to discuss any offer-holder applications, however once the embargo is lifted tomorrow at 8:30am you would be able to call our confirmation team and discuss this.

The number is 0151 794 8591.

I hope this helps,
Tom
Hello all,

Just to keep you updated:

What courses will be available through Clearing?

We have a small number of places available on some of our programmes for talented students with the potential to succeed at Liverpool.

You can see our list of programmes here. Please do remember these are subject to change throughout the day. We expect these to fill quickly. So if you are interested and haven’t already, begin your application with us now. Then you can complete it and submit it when clearing opens at 08:30am tomorrow.

Please let us know of any questions below,

The University of Liverpool :smile:
Reply 8
How long does it take to hear about adjustment applications?

Do you peroxide clearing for health care courses such as nursing or occupational therapy?
Hi,
I’m on the reserve list for medicine. Is there a number I can call myself tomorrow? Thanks
Original post by StrawberryDreams

Can’t get through on website to view courses tried last couple of days
Original post by Millie56

It should be updated from this morning - there are a few course available today it looks like :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I’m on the reserve list for medicine. Is there a number I can call myself tomorrow? Thanks

Good Morning,

After 8:30am today you can reach Medicine on 0151 795 4370.

You can also find out more information about confirmation here.

Tom

Hi Millie,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble getting on the webpage.

Please try this direct link - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/results/clearing/courses/

I would try using a different browser, if it still does not work.

Tom :biggrin:
Original post by TraceyMc
How long does it take to hear about adjustment applications?

Hi Tracey,

Our admissions team endeavour to review applications both through clearing and adjustment as soon as possible as we appreciate the stress you’ll be under.

If you have a confirmation email from us you can expect to get a decision by email and if we’re offering you a place we may also call you to discuss this and answer any questions you may have. Rest assured, if you have a confirmation email from us we will come back to you with a decision as soon as we can.

Tom :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Do you peroxide clearing for health care courses such as nursing or occupational therapy?

Hello,

As our courses in clearing are subject to change throughout the day, it is easier to provide the link to our 'Courses in Clearing' webpage - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/results/clearing/courses/

Please do let us know if you have any further questions,
Hello,

As our courses in clearing are subject to change throughout the day, it is easier to provide the link to our 'Courses in Clearing' webpage - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/results/clearing/courses/

Please do let us know if you have any further questions,

Have missed one grade by one international business
Have missed one grade by one international business

Hi Millie,

Sorry to confirm - Are you one grade short of the Clearing offer for your course or by one grade in the general cycle when you applied?

I have checked and International Business is not available through clearing.

Many thanks,
Tom
Hi Millie,

Sorry to confirm - Are you one grade short of the Clearing offer for your course or by one grade in the general cycle when you applied?

I have checked and International Business is not available through clearing.

Many thanks,
Tom

General cycle 😞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending