The Student Room Group

Today i found out my brother is colorist.

Was scrolling through tiktok and showing him a bunch of girls, then he said "if they black asf it's an automatic pass" He then went on a rant on how he only finds brownskins or lightskins attractive, and that he would only take on a darkskin if held at gunpoint, said he would rather be single than ever consider a darksin. He is black himself. What do i do? He is younger than me

Scroll to see replies

Take a shot every time OP mentions skin.
The guy needs to calm his tits.
Reply 3
also, he racist against desi people
Original post by Anonymous
also, he racist against desi people

Not at all surprised (saying this as a black person) - colorism/racism towards asians is normalised in the black community... but also in every other one so its not something shocking - how old is he exactly btw? If he's like 9 talk to him but make sure not to over complicate it - however whatever the age make sure the message is clear that he is contributing to racism :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Not at all surprised (saying this as a black person) - colorism/racism towards asians is normalised in the black community... but also in every other one so its not something shocking - how old is he exactly btw? If he's like 9 talk to him but make sure not to over complicate it - however whatever the age make sure the message is clear that he is contributing to racism :smile:

He isn't colorism towards south asians, just doesn't found them attractive
He isn't colorism towards south asians, just doesn't found them attractive

I meant more colorism (one issue)
racism against asians (another issue)
Can I ask how he is racist to desi people by the way?
Reply 7
Why would you do anything? I cant see anything wrong about this situation. Your brother has a sexual preference to girls with certain physical features - skin color in this particular case.
Reply 8
Original post by Elize W
Why would you do anything? I cant see anything wrong about this situation. Your brother has a sexual preference to girls with certain physical features - skin color in this particular case.

Although im lightskin, i just feel sad for my darkskin sisters
Reply 9
Although im lightskin, i just feel sad for my darkskin sisters

Because your brother doesnt find them attractive? They need to find other guys who are attracted to their features and your brother needs to find a girl he is attracted to. The same thing goes for all types of features like hight or being overweight/slim.
This post is like: "I feel sad for his guy friends - how do i turn him bi?"
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Elize W
This post is like: "I feel sad for his guy friends - how do i turn him bi?"

ok
Was scrolling through tiktok and showing him a bunch of girls, then he said "if they black asf it's an automatic pass" He then went on a rant on how he only finds brownskins or lightskins attractive, and that he would only take on a darkskin if held at gunpoint, said he would rather be single than ever consider a darksin. He is black himself. What do i do? He is younger than me

He is a clown
I thought you where going to tell us that you found some adult colouring books hidden under his bed.
Original post by Elize W

colourism is not preference love. its hate. if he is growing to be like that it can later form into racism. its not preference when you slender someone's skin colour
Original post by lunariumxo
colourism is not preference love. its hate. if he is growing to be like that it can later form into racism. its not preference when you slender someone's skin colour

Have o missed sth about him hating black girls? I thought he doesnt find them attractive
Original post by Elize W
Have o missed sth about him hating black girls? I thought he doesnt find them attractive

oh he doesn't hate black girls, he hates darkskinned black girls, only dates brown- light skinned
Reply 17

it's pretty normal.. a lot of black men think like that
Original post by Elize W

i think there’s a massive difference between having a sexual preference and completely belittling women that don’t fit it.
Original post by bethwantsdeath
i think there’s a massive difference between having a sexual preference and completely belittling women that don’t fit it.

I mean the way he said it could be considered rude but the preferance itself is normal. If lets say i prefer guys of similar hight or a bit taller saying i would only touch a short guy if held at a gunpoint would be rude of me but that doesnt make any of my preferences wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending