The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York as a University City

What's it like as a Uni city? in terms of social places: parks, clubs etc.. also what's the food scene like cuz I'm vegetarian, and it would be nice to know there are places I could eat ahaha
Original post by Bookworm_88
What's it like as a Uni city? in terms of social places: parks, clubs etc.. also what's the food scene like cuz I'm vegetarian, and it would be nice to know there are places I could eat ahaha

Hey there

York is a great student city. It's regularly named one of the best places to live and mixes its contemporary culture with its rich history and heritage. We like to call it our city of contrasts. You can find out more with our York city guide: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/student-life/york-yorkshire/

In terms of social places, there's a never-ending list of cafes including Brew & Brownie, Gatehouse Coffee and Coffee Culture, and lots of other fun things like The Hole in the Wand Wizard Golf and York Chocolate Story. Clubs include Club Salvation (known to Salvos to everyone), Kuda, Flares and Revolution, and for parks there's the Museum Gardens and Rowntree Park in town near the river, or further away from the city centre there's Hull Road Park nearer campus.

I'm also a veggie and there's loads of places - Orinoco (fast food type stuff), Humpit Hummus and Pita Bar, Goji Vegetarian Cafe, Orchid Vegan Chinese, Doner Summer and lots of vegan and veggie options on campus.

Oscar :groovy:
University of York TSR Rep
(edited 2 years ago)
University of York
York
Original post by University of York
Hey there

York is a great student city. It's regularly named one of the best places to live and mixes its contemporary culture with its rich history and heritage. We like to call it our city of contrasts. You can find out more with our York city guide: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/student-life/york-yorkshire/

In terms of social places, there's a never-ending list of cafes including Brew & Brownie, Gatehouse Coffee and Coffee Culture, and lots of other fun things like The Hole in the Wand Wizard Golf and York Chocolate Story. Clubs include Club Salvation (known to Salvos to everyone), Kuda, Flares and Revolution, and for parks there's the Museum Gardens and Rowntree Park in town near the river, or further away from the city centre there's Hull Road Park nearer campus.

I'm also a veggie and there's loads of places - Orinoco (fast food type stuff), Humpit Hummus and Pita Bar, Goji Vegetarian Cafe, Orchid Vegan Chinese, Doner Summer and lots of vegan and veggie options on campus.

Oscar :groovy:
University of York TSR Rep

tysm!! I'll have a look at the link :smile:

Quick Reply