The Student Room Group

Unit 18 Access to Nursing

Hi

Can anyone please help with the two sociological approaches this question is asking for is it Macro and Micro or Agency and Structural or Functionalism and Conflict
#- Describe two sociological approaches to poverty and health.
Original post by Macshe
Hi

Can anyone please help with the two sociological approaches this question is asking for is it Macro and Micro or Agency and Structural or Functionalism and Conflict
#- Describe two sociological approaches to poverty and health.

Hey did you get any help with this?
Reply 2
Hi
Yes I did. Thank you

Original post by India_gmb
Hey did you get any help with this?
Original post by Macshe
Hi
Yes I did. Thank you

Can I get some help please? xx
Reply 4
hi
Where do you need help
Original post by Macshe
hi
Where do you need help

From the beginning 😭😭 xx
Reply 6
So for my journal article I used PowerPoint
A)- Two sociological approaches to poverty and health
First define sociology and the define Porverty desribe Macro sociological perspective which includes functionalism and conflict perspective to porverty and health and then describe micro approach which include the symbolic perspective to porverty so describe all that giving examples I hope it helps
Original post by India_gmb
Can I get some help please? xx

Hi did you manage to do this unit. I am so stuck. I really need help xx
Hey, Have you managed to get any help? I've just tried to start this unit and don't even know where to start with layout!
Original post by lauraboltx
Hey, Have you managed to get any help? I've just tried to start this unit and don't even know where to start with layout!

Hopefully we can try and help each other. So i started off explaining UK poverty rates. Then discussed absolute and relative poverty, then the approaches used by sociologist when looking at the causes of poverty; structural and agency. Then discuss how the introduction of the welfare state in the early 1900’s, then the changed made from the introduction. Section 2 talk about the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and contrast with Centre for Social Jusitice. And discuss The Resoltion Foundation. Political learnings and how the goverment have introduced things to reduce poverty ; food banks. Section 3 patterns of health. What are they and what does it mean? You then need to identify one factor that you feel affects a person's health chances? What is it and how does it affect people? link it to political perspectives, so if you choose diet as your factor, then you might think about how this has been viewed politically and dealt with?
Hope that helps. Ive just made notes so far but I’m really struggling too so if you’ve got any advice once you get started I’d really appreciate it ! Good luck. It’s a tough one x
Original post by joannalou36
Hopefully we can try and help each other. So i started off explaining UK poverty rates. Then discussed absolute and relative poverty, then the approaches used by sociologist when looking at the causes of poverty; structural and agency. Then discuss how the introduction of the welfare state in the early 1900’s, then the changed made from the introduction. Section 2 talk about the Joseph Rowntree Foundation and contrast with Centre for Social Jusitice. And discuss The Resoltion Foundation. Political learnings and how the goverment have introduced things to reduce poverty ; food banks. Section 3 patterns of health. What are they and what does it mean? You then need to identify one factor that you feel affects a person's health chances? What is it and how does it affect people? link it to political perspectives, so if you choose diet as your factor, then you might think about how this has been viewed politically and dealt with?
Hope that helps. Ive just made notes so far but I’m really struggling too so if you’ve got any advice once you get started I’d really appreciate it ! Good luck. It’s a tough one x

It's a nightmare!! If I manage to get on a roll with it and include anything you haven't mentioned then I'll let you know! thanks for your help, it's where to start that's hard when the assignment materials are so useless!! xx :smile:
It's a nightmare!! If I manage to get on a roll with it and include anything you haven't mentioned then I'll let you know! thanks for your help, it's where to start that's hard when the assignment materials are so useless!! xx :smile:

The assignment material just confused me!! I’m just not sure how to structure a journal arcticle to be honest!!xx
The assignment material just confused me!! I’m just not sure how to structure a journal arcticle to be honest!!xx

Same! unit 3 made it look like a newspaper article but online journals look nothing like that? I know some people have done it on powerpoint but it's just confusing me more. I think I'll get it all written up first and then see how it fits the layout :frown: xx
Same! unit 3 made it look like a newspaper article but online journals look nothing like that? I know some people have done it on powerpoint but it's just confusing me more. I think I'll get it all written up first and then see how it fits the layout :frown: xx

Yes that’s exactly what I’m doing. You can get good templates for journal articles. I’m using iPad and pages has some templates xx
Yes that’s exactly what I’m doing. You can get good templates for journal articles. I’m using iPad and pages has some templates xx

How are you getting on? I think I've managed a half decent paragraph in 2 days!! Really struggling with this one, hope you're getting on better! xx

im really stuck on this unit, would you be able to help me please x thanks in advance x
If anyone can offer me any advice with this unit it would be appreciated. I feel like how I would want respond to the questions asked in the assignment brief does not necessarily correlate with the study material provided, this unit is blowing my brain a little really, the course material seems more of a political history lesson...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending