The Student Room Group

btec applied science

hi, so right now im going to go into year 13 of btec applied science level 3 extended diploma. however, recently i decided i want to do a computer science subject related degree at uni like ITMB. would i have to change my course to be able to do that? i checked the websites of some unis and it said you have to call to make sure for specific btecs but they aren't picking up. i really don't to have to start year 12 again
Did you do anything related to computer science for GSCE? I was in similar situation like you. I just finished applied science and wanted to apply for software engineering, but my university told me that I don't anything related to computers, neither from college or high school ( I could have taken a foundation year but I didn't want to). Maybe your university will let you do it? I mean they let me do English and History degree which is also not related to applied science, neither I did history in high school. But I guess they didn't have enough students for English and History degree and I both degrees were fine for me. Hope this helps for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Hatty Matty
Did you do anything related to computer science for GSCE? I was in similar situation like you. I just finished applied science and wanted to apply for software engineering, but my university told me that I don't anything related to computers, neither from college or high school ( I could have taken a foundation year but I didn't want to). Maybe your university will let you do it? I mean they let me do English and History degree which is also not related to applied science, neither I did history in high school. But I guess they didn't have enough students for English and History degree and I both degrees were fine for me. Hope this helps for you.

thankyou so much, i don't mind doing a foundation year, I'm thinking of doing this computer course at manchester university. which universities did you get accepted at?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by zb14
thankyou so much, i don't mind doing a foundation year, I'm thinking of doing this computer course at manchester university. which universities did you get accepted at?

Check if Manchester university does foundation year and what they want for it. Because sometimes even their foundation year has pretty high entry levels.

I got into Manchester Met university. :smile:
Original post by zb14
hi, so right now im going to go into year 13 of btec applied science level 3 extended diploma. however, recently i decided i want to do a computer science subject related degree at uni like ITMB. would i have to change my course to be able to do that? i checked the websites of some unis and it said you have to call to make sure for specific btecs but they aren't picking up. i really don't to have to start year 12 again

What GCSEs do you have?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous12065
What GCSEs do you have?

mostly 4 and 5s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending