The Student Room Group

HKU/CUHK Non-JUPAS Medicine 2022 Entry

Hello, I made a thread specifically for Non-JUPAS Medicine 2022 Entry! If you're comfortable, I made a small template for posting grades/statistics. Please post if you're comfortable.

Country Of Application:
Local/Non Local (Do you have HKID?):
Degree Holder/High School Applicant:
Exam Board:
Predicted/Achieved Grades:

I'll upload the application timelines + more information in the future :smile:)

Here's the 2021 thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6816528

~LB

Scroll to see replies

Hello!
I would like to reapply to HKU Med this year.

My background:
Non-local Chinese.
Can't speak Cantonese
Archived 1st Class in Biomedical Science from UCL.
Currently a Year 1 Medical student at Newcastle University.

I attended the interview for 2021 entry in December 2020, rejected on 31st August (Waitlisted for about 6 months)

Wish to 'transfer' into HKU Med.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by newpotatobeef
Hello!

My background:
Non-local Chinese.
Did an international foundation at University of London.

I attended the interview for 2021 entry in December 2020, but didn't succeed.
I will study Medicine in North of England and I will reapply to HKU Med during my first year.

Just wondering why HKU? Is HKU reputable for medicine and is it easier compared to Uk university?
Hello!

My background:
Non-local Chinese.

I will study Medicine in North of England and I will reapply to HKU Med during my first year.

how do you know you didn't succeed? they told you already?
Hi! Probably re-applying to HKU for 2022 intake as well.

My background:
Non-local without HKID
High-School Applicant- a little side note is that I had to take a "gap year" because of the covid situation in our country so I will be graduating later than I was supposed to. Was supposed to graduate in June 2021 but I will probably graduate in October or December 2021 now.
Predicted Grades- uhh I can't explain how grading works for us but it's kind of like cumulative letter grade? I'm predicted A* and my exams are in 2 weeks LOL

I applied with predicted grades at HKU this year too, but because of covid I was only able to submit my application in July and I haven't received any information yet so I take this as a rejection. Will apply next year along with other med schools around Asia and maybe the UK as well.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Hello!

My background:
Non-local Chinese.

Do you mind sharing which medical school of North England you will go this year and why you want to reapply to HKU during your first year ?
Hi! I do not plan on applying in 2022, but in 2023. I have applied to both HKU and CUHK for 2020 entry, and have not succeeded that time. I hope to try again as a degree holder once I finish up my undergrad.

Country Of Application: United Kingdom
Local/Non Local (Do you have HKID?): Local, Permanent Resident
Degree Holder/High School Applicant: Degree Holder
Current Course: Year 1, BSc Biomedical Science at Kings College London
Predicted/Achieved Grades: Borderline first class honours

I do have a few questions though.
Do you think that's better to apply during my final year is better, or after I finish uni and receive my final degree? Is it worth considering to do DY2 (direct entry to Year 2)?
Reply 7
Original post by Alt-Dimension
Hi! I do not plan on applying in 2022, but in 2023. I have applied to both HKU and CUHK for 2020 entry, and have not succeeded that time. I hope to try again as a degree holder once I finish up my undergrad.

Country Of Application: United Kingdom
Local/Non Local (Do you have HKID?): Local, Permanent Resident
Degree Holder/High School Applicant: Degree Holder
Current Course: Year 1, BSc Biomedical Science at Kings College London
Predicted/Achieved Grades: Borderline first class honours

I do have a few questions though.
Do you think that's better to apply during my final year is better, or after I finish uni and receive my final degree? Is it worth considering to do DY2 (direct entry to Year 2)?

Personally if you're very psyched to go to HK, and would not consider UK for postgraduate medicine, then it's good to apply during your final year if you would like to start earlier, as either way you would still be reapplying. I would most likely think that for DY2, you would need to have studied medicine already beforehand, and so it may be a safer option to apply for direct entry. This is just what my thought process is, so please take it with a grain of salt.
Hello!

My background:
Non-local Chinese.

Could you please specify at which university within the North of England will you be commencing your medical studies? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Could you please specify at which university within the North of England will you be commencing your medical studies? Thanks

Newcastle
2021 game is over
Time to start a new game
Do HKU accept students who reapply?
Do HKU accept students who reapply?

with what grades? I am reapplying too
Hello,I would like to apply to HKU med My background:Non local Chinese (Cantonese)High school applicantExam board: AQA, OCRPredicted: 3 A*
Newcastle

Is applying as a high school graduate taking a gap year or one studying year 1 medicine better?
Is applying as a high school graduate taking a gap year or one studying year 1 medicine better?

No Idea

No idea either, but if you're in Year 1 of medicine, there is a potential for HKU to not accept the transfer onto the second year, which mean you could have had one extra year of medical education.
Do students with degree have to start all over from year 1 too?
Do students with degree have to start all over from year 1 too?

Yes I believe so. Unless your degree is medicine, in which you can transfer, which they MAY accept.
Hi, looking into applying hku/cuhk med this year :smile:
Country Of Application: UK
Local/Non Local (Do you have HKID?): Local
Degree Holder/High School Applicant: Graduated dentist in UK, currently 3rd year working post grad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending