The Student Room Group

MSC Physiotherapy (pre-registration)

deleted
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you sent me a message but some reason I can't reply.

To be honest I did my A levels almost 10 years ago so I can't imagine them taking my A levels into account. I would say that they definitely concentrate on your bachelor's and how you've used that to shape your learning to be able to become a physiotherapist e.g. skills learnt.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Thanks4helping
Thanks for the information!

Did you include your A-levels in your application?

Did you have work experience related to physiotherapy and if yes, what type of experience?

No problem. Yeah I did include it in my application.

I did have work experience. At uni I did two weeks of work experiences in a private clinic and a private hospital. Then after my undergrad, I did a week's work experience at Bradford teaching hospitals NHS which was fantastic. I know it will be difficult getting experience with covid at the moment but it does give you a lot to draw upon in terms of reflecting on what you've learnt and what you could take away from it to become a physiotherapist
Reply 3
Did they uni require A-levels or did you just include it?

Was it easy to find work experience? Didnt they want people who can work longer as a more permanent staff or did you mention you were shadowing?

Honestly, I don't remember on the initial application but I know that they needed proof of maths and english grade C or above at GCSE level. I suppose you could contact the admissions team at the Uni and see what they say on that one.

For me, yes it was easy to find work experience. I just phoned a few people in the NHS who were really helpful and for the private ones, I initially emailed a few places and got 2 responses which was great. It was just shadowing, you're not insured or qualified to touch a patient prior to undergoing a physiotherapy degree.

Hope that helps
Reply 4
When you say just shadowing, are you still doing things like changing stuff, moving stuff?

Do you get to see the plans physiotherapists make or is that a data protection issue?

No, you just observe and take notes if you want to. It's good to have a discussion with the physiotherapist before/after with why they did certain things etc. Every physiotherapist I've met have been extremely nice and welcoming so I'm sure you'll have no issues with wanting to know more about what you observed.

As for the data protection, I think you sign things to make sure everything is confidential so you can observe notes etc. A physiotherapist will pretty much plan in their head as far as I'm aware.

Have you tried to look for any work experience anywhere?
Reply 5
The NHS one asked me to fill in an application form. I'm not sure if it had grades on there but it was used to try and find out what learning outcomes you have so the work experience can be tailored around you.
Reply 6
Hello

Do most universities look at your A levels? Or do they mainly consider your bachelors degree only? Thanks!

On the application i gave evidence of my bachelors and GCSE maths and english at grade c and above
Reply 7
Hi,I think they mostly look at your undergraduate degree. They would only look to GCSE/A levels to see if you have relevant competency in English/maths I believe. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending