The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick 2022 Applicants

2022 threads are starting to pop up, so I thought I'd create this thread. Use this thread to chat to other applicants!

If you have any questions you can ask on the Ask a Warwick Student thread. I'm a maths student going into the third year and happy to answer questions.

Some ice-breakers:

What course are you applying for?

What are your predicted grades?

Why Warwick?

What other universities are you applying for?

Subject threads:

Please tag me if you create a thread for a specific subject!

Offer tracker:

Mod note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

@StrawberryDreams this'll need adding to the index. Can you also unpin the 2020 thread and pin this one in its place.
(edited 2 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
My son will definitely have Warwick in his top 5 to apply to , along with Cambridge and Durham.

Course: Engineering MEng
Predicted Grades : Maths A*, Further Maths A*, Physics A* and Spanish A
(GCSE’s 11 x grade 9’s & 1 x grade 8)
Why Warwick? Reputation , the course (able to opt for general)
Original post by _gcx
2022 threads are starting to pop up, so I thought I'd create this thread. Use this thread to chat to other applicants!

If you have any questions you can ask on the Ask a Warwick Student thread. I'm a maths student going into the third year and happy to answer questions.

Some ice-breakers:

Why Warwick?

Subject threads:

Please tag me if you create a thread for a specific subject!

If you decide to create an offer tracker and want it in this OP, please tag me for that too.

I am applying to Film Studies at Warwick

My predicted grades are (A*A*A*A*) In maths, further maths, film studies, media

Im also applying to Kings College London and York alongside Warwick
Original post by liamlarner
I am applying to Film Studies at Warwick

My predicted grades are (A*A*A*A*) In maths, further maths, film studies, media

Im also applying to Kings College London and York alongside Warwick

Good luck with your application!
Original post by _gcx
Good luck with your application!

thanks
Either PPE or International Relations
Currently on a gap year so achieved A*A*A* in economics, government & politics and business
Why Warwick?
Good reputation and good social aspects apparently

LSE, UCL, KCL and Durham
Law (LLB)
Not received yet - will get them in a month or so. I'm an international student doing IB.
Why Warwick?
Seems like a good and prestigious university for law. Heard good things about it from a couple of mates and family members.
I'm considering UCL, KCL, QMUL and one out of LSE/Manchester/Southampton depending on my predicted grades.

@_gcx, if you don't mind me asking - how competitive is the law course at Warwick? I've seen quite a few on here (and Reddit) applying for it. Thanks :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
What course (s) are you applying for?
PPE and/or Accounting and Finance.
Already achieved 3 A*s and an A* in my EPQ. A levels : Maths, Economics and Politics.
Why Warwick?
Excellent university and the campus is very nice.
Where else are you applying?
Birmingham, Exeter, Cambridge
What course (s) are you applying for?
Integrated science at Warwick, natural sciences at other unis

A* in chemistry, biology, English lit, maths, A in physics and I also did an EPQ (haven’t got grade yet)

Why Warwick?
Excellent university and course

Where else are you applying?

Cambridge, York, Durham, Birmingham
Original post by foamroller23
@_gcx, if you don't mind me asking - how competitive is the law course at Warwick? I've seen quite a few on here (and Reddit) applying for it. Thanks :smile:

Not terrifically so, 20/21 had 2789 applications to 1920 offers. (so an offer rate of about 70%) Which is on the lower side for Warwick but not as bad CS/econ/etc.
(edited 2 years ago)
@_gcx What are the offer rate percentages for PPE and Accounting and Finance?
Original post by Akash1234567

the figures on the website only go per department. Economics department overall is 4642 applications to 2551 offers and WBS is 6118 applications to 4122 offers. It's possible you can find some old figures on FOIs but these might not reflect the current offer rates.

https://warwick.ac.uk/services/sg/spa/academicstatistics/admissions
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by _gcx
Not terrifically so, 20/21 had 2789 applications to 1920 offers. (so an offer rate of about 70%) Which is on the lower side for Warwick but not as bad CS/econ/etc.

Thanks
Applying for EPAIS (econ, politics and intl. studies)

Predicted grades: A*A*A*A*

Why Warwick: reputation + ideal course

Other Unis: LSE, UCL, Durham, Bath
on the ppe offer holder day for this year they said that they have a 170 places for 1300+ applicants and i'm not completely sure but i think they gave out 300 offers
Original post by Akash1234567

on the ppe offer holder day for this year they said that they have a 170 places for 1300+ applicants and i'm not completely sure but i think they gave out 300 offers
Applying for Psychology
Not sure what my predicted grades are yet but probably A*AB-AAB
Warwick for its excellent work placements, ideal campus and flexible course
I'm also applying to Bath, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bristol and University of Amsterdam
Anyone know how competitive EPAIS is? I’ve heard it’s also a small course with only around 30-40 students?
Course: Law

Predicteds: Already achieved 41 in IB 776HL in English Lit, Econ and Philosophy 766SL Spanish Maths AA and Physics (domestic student)

Why Warwick? Nice campus, facilities and diversity

Other Unis: Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest