The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisbob99999
can anyone with a cifas marker please shed some light on which banks/prepaid cards they can get. I am heading to university soon so I need a new bank asap. many thanks :smile:

its dependent what type of marker you have can you provide more details of how the marker came about
Original post by UndercoverFC
its dependent what type of marker you have can you provide more details of how the marker came about

it was for fraud. I was being a complete idiot and decided to give my bank details out! I heard prepaid cards and credit unions would be good options as these could give me an account for a monthly fee.
(edited 2 years ago)
it was for fraud. I was being a complete idiot and decided to give my bank details out! I heard prepaid cards and credit unions would be good options as these could give me an account for a monthly fee.

a lot of people with the same cat 6 cifas marker have managed to open prepaid bank accounts. so id just like to know which banks would give me an account
a lot of people with the same cat 6 cifas marker have managed to open prepaid bank accounts. so id just like to know which banks would give me an account

Ok, you were a money mule they prey on young students especially during hard times at Uni. Any way you best bet will be to apply for an account with Pockit - believe there is a monthly fee on £1.99, you will get approval within minutes and you should be able to receive your student loan on this account. Good luck
Ok, you were a money mule they prey on young students especially during hard times at Uni. Any way you best bet will be to apply for an account with Pockit - believe there is a monthly fee on £1.99, you will get approval within minutes and you should be able to receive your student loan on this account. Good luck

will they definitely accept me? would the bank I did fraud on not contact this bank to get the pocket account closed? does pockit not work with cifas? thank you very much for the reply
will they definitely accept me? would the bank I did fraud on not contact this bank to get the pocket account closed? does pockit not work with cifas? thank you very much for the reply

I would say you are 80% likely to get accepted - its worth a try
I would say you are 80% likely to get accepted - its worth a try

the cifas marker is not actually on me yet but I have been notified that it will be in 30 days. if I open the pockit account now without me having the marker. when they finally give me the marker in 30 days would pockit be notified ?
Reply 8

The bank that closed your account registers a marker with Cifas. It's then up to other financial institutions to check for Cifas markers, and it's up to them whether (and how often) to do that. And if they do choose to check with Cifas, it's up to the financial institution to decide what to do with the information that they get from Cifas
Original post by martin7
The bank that closed your account registers a marker with Cifas. It's then up to other financial institutions to check for Cifas markers, and it's up to them whether (and how often) to do that. And if they do choose to check with Cifas, it's up to the financial institution to decide what to do with the information that they get from Cifas

do they check for cifas as soon as I apply? or will they do it in 6 months etc..
will they definitely accept me?

No. Pockit has recently changed it's card issuer to PayrNet, which is a member of CIFAS.
do they check for cifas as soon as I apply?

Yes. It is done through a client onboarding API called Cifas Direct.
Original post by RedGiant
No. Pockit has recently changed it's card issuer to PayrNet, which is a member of CIFAS.

Yes. It is done through a client onboarding API called Cifas Direct.

oh no :frown: I'm really worrying now as I'm afraid that I won't be able to open any bank. do you recommend any banks that currently don't use cifas? thank you very much
oh no :frown: I'm really worrying now as I'm afraid that I won't be able to open any bank. do you recommend any banks that currently don't use cifas? thank you very much

I got a pockit prepaid card it’s not on cifas list all the members are here https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/national-fraud-database/national-fraud-database-members
Original post by struggler07
I got a pockit prepaid card it’s not on cifas list all the members are here https://www.cifas.org.uk/services/national-fraud-database/national-fraud-database-members

Pockit is not a bank, so it cannot issue accounts by itself. It uses PayrNet, which as another user said is part of CIFAS.
Original post by struggler07

do you have a cifas marker ?
Reply 15
do they check for cifas as soon as I apply? or will they do it in 6 months etc..

For me they blocked any accounts I applied for before they sent the cards. Gonna try prepaid cards tho
do you have a cifas marker ?

Yes I do
Original post by Vapordave
Pockit is not a bank, so it cannot issue accounts by itself. It uses PayrNet, which as another user said is part of CIFAS.

Oh yeah just realised applied before it changed to PayrNet got accepted got a cifas been using it for a year they haven’t closed my account
Reply 18
do you get your student loan deposited into your pockit?
Original post by deji17
do you get your student loan deposited into your pockit?

Never applied for it lol

Latest

Trending

Trending