•Combined Science
•History
•French
•Religious Studies

For A-Levels I want to study:
•Biology
•Chemistry
•Maths
And possibly AS-Level Further Maths. Can any medical students advice me on A-Levels and how to get into the Oxbridge Universities.
Reply 1
Original post by Laila-Dior
Hi, I am going into year 11 in September and I study:
•English Literature/Language
•Maths
•Combined Science
•History
•French
•Religious Studies

•Biology
•Chemistry
•Maths
And possibly AS-Level Further Maths. Can any medical students advice me on A-Levels and how to get into the Oxbridge Universities.

For Oxford we will need GCSE stats and BMAT stats as there's no point saying where you should apply without these stats.

In terms of your A Levels you're good to apply to any med school granted you meet the AAA or higher requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by SyedN
For Oxford we will need GCSE stats and BMAT stats as there's no point saying where you should apply without these stats.

In terms of your A Levels you're good to apply to any med school granted you meet the AAA or higher requirements.

I have predicted grades for gcses
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Do you know about which type of work experience, super curriculars and volunteering they might look for?
(edited 2 years ago)
There is a large section of TSR about Applying for Medicine - lots or info and advice - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/medicine
even with all 8s/9s oxford would probably not be tenable since they only have 7 gcses.
Reply 6
Original post by leviticus.
even with all 8s/9s oxford would probably not be tenable since they only have 7 gcses.

No 8:
English lit
English Lang
Maths
Double combined science
History
French
Re
Reply 7
Thank you soo much everyone!!!
No 8:
English lit
English Lang
Maths
Double combined science
History
French
Re

i see, it's still too little if i'm honest. The average offer-holder has over 10A*s...https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics
Reply 9
No 8:
English lit
English Lang
Maths
Double combined science
History
French
Re

As above, the mean average GCSEs that an Oxford applicant has are 10.8 A*s (9s and 8s) I would not recommend applying to Oxford as you are well below that but Cambridge could be an option as they do not look at GCSEs much.
Original post by leviticus.
i see, it's still too little if i'm honest. The average offer-holder has over 10A*s...https://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/statistics

But how could I help that?
Thanks
Reply 12

The proportion of grades which are A*s matters too.

You can’t really. Best to apply Cambridge
Reply 14
Hi, I am going into year 11 in September and I study:
•English Literature/Language
•Maths
•Combined Science
•History
•French
•Religious Studies

•Biology
•Chemistry
•Maths

I believe this list of med schools that accept double science GCSE instead of the full science GCSEs is up to date (but do check these as they may well have changed by the time you apply):
- Aberdeen
- Aston
- Barts/QMUL
- Birmingham
- Cambridge
- Cardiff
- Edge Hill
- Imperial
- Lancaster
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- UEA