The Student Room Group

Post Your BTEC Results!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muminah Zahid
D*D* in applied science

Congratulations!! What's next for you?
Original post by brainzistheword
Congratulations!! What's next for you?

I am doing a foundation year in clinical science and then transferring to a healthcare related course
Original post by Muminah Zahid
I am doing a foundation year in clinical science and then transferring to a healthcare related course

Brilliant! Best of luck! :smile:
AMAZINGGGGG!!!! Congratulations :woo:

Hope you're celebrating?

Thank you!!

Yeessss I celebrated with eating lots of chocolate last night :cookie:

How are you? :smile:
Original post by MissHokage
Hi Hazelly,

Well Done!!! Congratulations!!!

Wishing you all the best.:smile::smile:

Hiya thank you! I appreciate it :smile:
BTEC grades have been confusing to me. I will be year 11 coming Sept. My predicted grade for BTEC music was merit last month. My teacher told me it's like 5.5 in terms of GCSE grading. I'm so disappointed as I already got A-Level equivalent to music (I had already passed a grade 8 ABRSM instrument exam). Hopefully, I will be able to improve much better during year 11 so as to get a D for my final BTEC music grade.
BTEC grades have been confusing to me. I will be year 11 coming Sept. My predicted grade for BTEC music was merit last month. My teacher told me it's like 5.5 in terms of GCSE grading. I'm so disappointed as I already got A-Level equivalent to music (I had already passed a grade 8 ABRSM instrument exam). Hopefully, I will be able to improve much better during year 11 so as to get a D for my final BTEC music grade.
Hey everyone!

It's that time of year again - results! It's been another tricky year so well done on making it through, regardless of the grades you get :grouphugs:

BUT...if you'd like to share, feel free to post your BTEC results below!

You can post your course, units and predicted grades vs achieved grades or any combination of the three. There is a template below that may help you with this, but feel free to post them however you like! :biggrin:

BTEC Results

Course:
Unit: Predicted ? / Achieved ?

I'll also leave you with some extra food for discussion :holmes::

How do you feel about your results?

Are you changing your plans now that you have received your results?

Are you planning to appeal or resit any of your exams?

Don't forget to join in the other discussions over in the BTEC forum and if you've got any questions at all about your results or next steps, we are here to support you

Good luck!

Course: BTEC applied science level 3
Predicted: D*D*D
Achieved: D*D*D*
Original post by 344pharm.

Congratulations on achieving D* D* D* in your Applied Science BTEC, Do you think that BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Biomedical Science) course would be a viable option for me as I am looking to go and do Biomedical sciences or Pharmacy at university as despite colleges claiming that Btec’s are equivalent to a levels lots of universities do not accept them for some courses for example you can’t do medicine at university if you haven’t done a levels?

That's a fantastic result! Congratulations!! What's next for you? :smile:
That's a fantastic result! Congratulations!! What's next for you? :smile:

Thank you and I will be starting pharmacy at the university of Nottingham this September
Original post by DrSeaton
Congratulations on achieving D* D* D* in your Applied Science BTEC, Do you think that BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Applied Science (Biomedical Science) course would be a viable option for me as I am looking to go and do Biomedical sciences or Pharmacy at university as despite colleges claiming that Btec’s are equivalent to a levels lots of universities do not accept them for some courses for example you can’t do medicine at university if you haven’t done a levels?

I did the normal applied science and will be starting pharmacy at notts, for biomedical science you will be fine however for pharmacy they usually require the normal applied science. Also BTECs are equivalently A levels
I did the normal applied science and will be starting pharmacy at notts, for biomedical science you will be fine however for pharmacy they usually require the normal applied science. Also BTECs are equivalently A levels

I have already applied for the Biomedical science course aren’t all the science BTECs the same for the first year also I thought to do pharmacy at a red brick university you have to get an a level at grade a in either chemistry or biology?
I have already applied for the Biomedical science course aren’t all the science BTECs the same for the first year also I thought to do pharmacy at a red brick university you have to get an a level at grade a in either chemistry or biology?

With notts you get considered on a case to case basis for example my friend who also does applied science didn’t get in. Also they have a chem and math test in the interview which I done decent in, whereas my friend said she found it quite hard. Also don’t do applied science biomedical science if you want to get into pharmacy as you won’t do the organic and inorganic chem module
With notts you get considered on a case to case basis for example my friend who also does applied science didn’t get in. Also they have a chem and math test in the interview which I done decent in, whereas my friend said she found it quite hard. Also don’t do applied science biomedical science if you want to get into pharmacy as you won’t do the organic and inorganic chem module
I will tell my college that

Thanks for the advice I will tell my college I want to do the Applied Science Course not the Applied Biomedical Science course do they have any requirements for your GCSE results?
Thanks for the advice I will tell my college I want to do the Applied Science Course not the Applied Biomedical Science course do they have any requirements for your GCSE results?

Grade 5 in maths and English but always good to have a good set of 5 GCSEs :smile:)
Grade 5 in maths and English but always good to have a good set of 5 GCSEs :smile:)

Thanks for the advice bro I really appreciate it best of luck in your pharmacy degree 👏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending