The Student Room Group

How many weeks is nursing degree?

How many weeks is a nursing degree? I know it's longer than the 41 weeks for a standard degree, but not sure how long a nursing one is.

Thanks!
Original post by therealscript96
How many weeks is a nursing degree? I know it's longer than the 41 weeks for a standard degree, but not sure how long a nursing one is.

Thanks!

Hi
Nursing courses are generally a 52 week course but you don't do that because you'll have around 6 weeks holidays ( two weeks at Xmas/New year, then about two weeks at Easter ( universities tend to have easter break week later than colleges etc ), then week or so at end of academic term in August if started in September.
Then you'll have time of for exams & reading weeks.

You should land up doing around 42 weeks at both university and any placements each year okay.

I'm a NHS registered adult nurse and midwife.

@Emily_B have you anymore to add to this !!!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Allyson2020
Hi
Nursing courses are generally a 52 week course but you don't do that because you'll have around 6 weeks holidays ( two weeks at Xmas/New year, then about two weeks at Easter ( universities tend to have easter break week later than colleges etc ), then week or so at end of academic term in August if started in September.
Then you'll have time of for exams & reading weeks.

You should land up doing around 42 weeks at both university and any placements each year okay.

I'm a NHS registered adult nurse and midwife.

@Emily_B have you anymore to add to this !!!!

That's good to know! Thank you so much :smile:

So would a 44 week tenancy for accommodation be okay? Or should it be longer than that? It's all so confusing
Reply 3
That's good to know! Thank you so much :smile:

So would a 44 week tenancy for accommodation be okay? Or should it be longer than that? It's all so confusing

You'll be better in a 52 week tenancy. Yes you get holidays as Allyson says, so that reduces the length, but it's an all year round course.
Original post by Emily_B
You'll be better in a 52 week tenancy. Yes you get holidays as Allyson says, so that reduces the length, but it's an all year round course.

It's in halls and not a student house and the only option is 44 weeks and family members i've spoken too have said their course was that length (but it wasn't nursing). Do you think i will need ill need to find different accommodation or will 44 weeks be enough? I'm happy to move back home in the summer, providing that i'm not on placement. I'm so new to all this, i don't really know what i'm doing and the uni haven't said how long the course is either which doesn't help.
Reply 5
It's in halls and not a student house and the only option is 44 weeks and family members i've spoken too have said their course was that length (but it wasn't nursing). Do you think i will need ill need to find different accommodation or will 44 weeks be enough? I'm happy to move back home in the summer, providing that i'm not on placement. I'm so new to all this, i don't really know what i'm doing and the uni haven't said how long the course is either which doesn't help.

When would your tenancy finish if it lasts 44 weeks? My accommodation for September is 45.5 weeks and finishes on the 6th August, by which point you may well be able to move into your 2nd year student house.
Original post by millsr
When would your tenancy finish if it lasts 44 weeks? My accommodation for September is 45.5 weeks and finishes on the 6th August, by which point you may well be able to move into your 2nd year student house.

15th July I believe. Would i be able to move into a student house by that point do ya think? If not i'll just have to air bnb it or something haha
Reply 7
15th July I believe. Would i be able to move into a student house by that point do ya think? If not i'll just have to air bnb it or something haha

You might be able to get a contract that starts in July, if not you’ll most likely be able to find one that starts in August. You many have to get something like an Air bnb for a couple of weeks but you might also be on holiday so can go home in that time. I reckon you’ll be okay with a tenancy that finishes mid-July if you can find a house that starts in August xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending