The Student Room Group

Law EPQ title ideas!

I want to start the EPQ in September and I just about realised that I want to relate it to law. It may be good note that I also want to do Law at Cambridge, inshAllah!!

I’m struggling between focussing it on hood faith in commercial law or natural law and jurisprudence.

Some help from Cambridge Law students would be heavily appreciated!!

Thank you :wink:
Good* whoops!
Reply 2
why does it matter: does Cambridge read your EPQ when they consider you? personally never applied to Cambridge but imagine it's not part of the application process. what will matter tho is how well you can demonstrate a knowledge of your EPQ/law/legal theory in your interview (if it's brought up) and in your personal statement (if you mention it). the subject itself doesn't matter; just don't sound like you did the same title as everyone else or at least give some originality and depth to it.
EPQs are meant to be personal to you - do something you are passionate about, I'm really confused as to why a Law Student could help you with a choice that should really be made by you? Do what you are happy to spend lots of time on - not what will impress Cambridge more because quite frankly, A* in Art History EPQ would look better than B in Law
Original post by AmIReallyHere
EPQs are meant to be personal to you - do something you are passionate about, I'm really confused as to why a Law Student could help you with a choice that should really be made by you? Do what you are happy to spend lots of time on - not what will impress Cambridge more because quite frankly, A* in Art History EPQ would look better than B in Law

Sorry, I should've made it clearer - I wanted a Lw student to help me decide between talking about good faith in commercial law or jurisprudence. I can’t decide between the two since I find them equally interesting :smile:
Also, I should note that I want my EPQ to be around the Law since I don’t want to do it on something that I won’t ever talk about, I.e History. In other words, I want to make my EPQ apart of my application so I have something to talk about, rather than doing it in on the Roman Empire and it being useless since i don’t want to choose a History course :smile:
Original post by LoveIsAChemical
Also, I should note that I want my EPQ to be around the Law since I don’t want to do it on something that I won’t ever talk about, I.e History. In other words, I want to make my EPQ apart of my application so I have something to talk about, rather than doing it in on the Roman Empire and it being useless since i don’t want to choose a History course :smile:

Good point - but my last thing still applies, pick something you would enjoy and want to spend endless amount of time researching said topic then write 5000 words on it
Good point - but my last thing still applies, pick something you would enjoy and want to spend endless amount of time researching said topic then write 5000 words on it

Yeah, without a doubt! I’m lucky in the sense that I have a deep passion and desire to put in the countless hours to study law, especially natural law since I’m all for morality and human rights and nature!
Original post by LoveIsAChemical
Yeah, without a doubt! I’m lucky in the sense that I have a deep passion and desire to put in the countless hours to study law, especially natural law since I’m all for morality and human rights and nature!

I think you've found your area for the EPQ then!

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with EPQ Titles as such, but my original title for the Roman Emoire was going to be although the definitive collapse of the Roman Empire was inevitable with factors such as lack of political order and strength, the chief aspect of the collapse was religion‘.

Is this a good title? I would’ve tweaked it a little, depending on the different factors. However, I wanted a title that I made a clear-cut argument and my stance on it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending