The Student Room Group

A Level Revision Guides

I will be studying A Level: Maths, Economics and Geography. I was wondering if u guys could recommend some revision guides that I could purchase for these subjects.

Thank u in advance!
Hi OP,

I would say the most important thing in looking for revision guides is finding ones that are for the exam board you are with, e.g AQA, Edexcel, OCR, etc. This way you know for sure that you will be revising relevant content only.

Of the subjects you are studying I only studied geography personally, but for that I would recommend this website - https://geography-revision.co.uk/a-level/ - as a good basic resource for most modules at A level.

Hope this helps

Leah (UEA) :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah
Hi OP,

I would say the most important thing in looking for revision guides is finding ones that are for the exam board you are with, e.g AQA, Edexcel, OCR, etc. This way you know for sure that you will be revising relevant content only.

Of the subjects you are studying I only studied geography personally, but for that I would recommend this website - https://geography-revision.co.uk/a-level/ - as a good basic resource for most modules at A level.

Hope this helps

Thank u very much Leah, I will definitely that website out! Just out of curiosity, may I ask which other A Levels u did as well as the grades u achieved.
Original post by Iggnhfgunn
Thank u very much Leah, I will definitely that website out! Just out of curiosity, may I ask which other A Levels u did as well as the grades u achieved.

Hi there,

I studied Business, Geography and Law and I came out with A*A*A*.

May be worth noting I was part of the first year to have their exams cancelled due to the pandemic so was examined in different ways than normal.

Reply 4
Original post by University of East Anglia UG Student Rep: Leah
Hi there,

I studied Business, Geography and Law and I came out with A*A*A*.

May be worth noting I was part of the first year to have their exams cancelled due to the pandemic so was examined in different ways than normal.

Oh that’s very interesting, congrats on your Results!
For maths I just used the textbooks we were given from school but I know a few people bought a CGP revision guide to help :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by laurawatt
For maths I just used the textbooks we were given from school but I know a few people bought a CGP revision guide to help :smile:

Hey there, thank u for your response. I will consider the cgp book!
If u remember the name of the text book u were using can u tell me please,
Also may I ask what grade u achieved for maths and how did u find the jump from gcse to A level?

Thank u in advance !
Original post by Iggnhfgunn
Hey there, thank u for your response. I will consider the cgp book!
If u remember the name of the text book u were using can u tell me please,
Also may I ask what grade u achieved for maths and how did u find the jump from gcse to A level?

Thank u in advance !

The year 1 textbook looked like this DCF196F5-A9F2-499A-8580-629B09A05336.jpeg This is for AQA though, I’m not sure what exam board you’re doing (and your school will probably give you a textbook to use) :smile: I got an A* in maths, found the jump from gcse to Y1 less than Y1 to Y2 as the content starts as an extension to the gcse and builds up!
Reply 8
Original post by laurawatt
The year 1 textbook looked like this DCF196F5-A9F2-499A-8580-629B09A05336.jpeg This is for AQA though, I’m not sure what exam board you’re doing (and your school will probably give you a textbook to use) :smile: I got an A* in maths, found the jump from gcse to Y1 less than Y1 to Y2 as the content starts as an extension to the gcse and builds up!

Ok, thank u so much for your help and time, it has really helped me! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest