The Student Room Group

Exeter Postgraduate 2021 Entry

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had accepted an offer to from Exeter to study at postgraduate level, starting in September? All the forums i've found on here so far are for those starting an undergraduate degree and the same goes for facebook pages etc

I look forward to hearing from people in the near future!
I am in search of the same. I have rejected a Durham offer and accepted an offer at Exeter. What or how will you accommodate yourself?

MSc - Financial Technology
Reply 2
Hi! I've received an offer from Exeter after getting rejected from Cambridge (ouch). I'm still waiting on Durham but I may have to confirm Exeter before then if I want to start in September. It took 2 days for an offer from Exeter, which was so very quick it blew my mind. It's a good sign for me :smile:
Not heard back as yet, and applied for online course rather than on campus, but I'm hoping to study a standalone module of the Genomic Medicine course

Only applied this week but had spoken to programme director beforehand, I've got everything crossed I'll be accepted as I'm really excited about it!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by theband1t
I am in search of the same. I have rejected a Durham offer and accepted an offer at Exeter. What or how will you accommodate yourself?

MSc - Financial Technology

Hi! I've also got an offer from Durham and Exeter, but so far Exeter has been far more welcoming and thoughtful in their communication. Durham has been slow with responses and not as proactive. What made you ultimately choose Exeter? Many of my friends and parents think Durham have a better reputation but I'm leaning more towards Exeter because of the atmosphere. Would be interesting to hear from someone who also turned down Durham for Exeter.
Original post by Morphia
Hi! I've received an offer from Exeter after getting rejected from Cambridge (ouch). I'm still waiting on Durham but I may have to confirm Exeter before then if I want to start in September. It took 2 days for an offer from Exeter, which was so very quick it blew my mind. It's a good sign for me :smile:

Don't worry, I faced rejection at UCL. I would say it's a very good sign, for me, Durham gave a faster response than Exeter although both were prompt with their responses.
Original post by Morphia
Hi! I've also got an offer from Durham and Exeter, but so far Exeter has been far more welcoming and thoughtful in their communication. Durham has been slow with responses and not as proactive. What made you ultimately choose Exeter? Many of my friends and parents think Durham have a better reputation but I'm leaning more towards Exeter because of the atmosphere. Would be interesting to hear from someone who also turned down Durham for Exeter.

Durham from response to contact with insights of faculty and course through Information sessions and Masters room has been far better than the contact of Exeter. I personally found Exeter sluggish, and Durham more responsive, guess it's different for all.

I chose Exeter over Durham because I'm doing a course that is not provided by Durham and is relatively new, but having to spoken to professionals in the industry, career guides, and plenty of research I concluded the skills I will learn will outweigh Durhams prestigious reputation. I would say it's important to consider course content (i.e module/options and assessments) even if doing the same course at both. Networks with firms may also be important.

From what I've heard Durham is obviously far more remote geographically and up north. Exeter is close to the sea, and a larger city therefore probably far livelier. It's up to personal preference, students may compromise a more social setting for a better-reputated university or opt for the enhanced social setting. I do think Exeter is though a very good university itself, and the social aspects may empower the reputation.

Ultimately, you can thrive socially at both universities depending on how you execute the year, although there are compromises I assume, and this is up to you. Hopefully, this insight can assist you in making the choice of the university that is best for you.
Reply 7
Original post by FR72
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had accepted an offer to from Exeter to study at postgraduate level, starting in September? All the forums i've found on here so far are for those starting an undergraduate degree and the same goes for facebook pages etc

I look forward to hearing from people in the near future!

Hi,
I am starting my postgraduate degree at Exeter this September, I’m so excited, what are you going to be studying?
I have accepted an offer for the MA History course.
i am going to be doing english literary studies. have met quite a few people from my course already but still look for a few more
Reply 10
Original post by partisanfox
i am going to be doing english literary studies. have met quite a few people from my course already but still look for a few more

Hi :smile: are you on the ELS WhatsApp?
Original post by Morphia
Hi :smile: are you on the ELS WhatsApp?

depends if we're talking about the same ELS group chat? there is one of about 16 people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending