The Student Room Group

BTEC 2022 Exams?

Do you guys think that next year BTEC exams will go ahead or will it be teacher assessed grades again like this year?
Got a feeling they will try to push for exams to go ahead in 2022, however there may be more emphasis upon coursework, controlled assessment and written essays/homework, rather than the majority of it being exams. Who knows? They pushed for that line of rhetoric last year September 2020-January 2021 and it fell flat on it's face. But with vaccination rates etc. Got a feeling there will be some sort of exam only if it is minor
Original post by hiwhatssup_246
Got a feeling they will try to push for exams to go ahead in 2022, however there may be more emphasis upon coursework, controlled assessment and written essays/homework, rather than the majority of it being exams. Who knows? They pushed for that line of rhetoric last year September 2020-January 2021 and it fell flat on it's face. But with vaccination rates etc. Got a feeling there will be some sort of exam only if it is minor

Thanks or letting me know the reason why i am wanting to know really bad is because the cases and deaths are increasing again and if college opens then the virus will start to spread quick again. However if exams go ahead hope I get more information about the they will set the course work and other mock exams, written essays homeworks etc.
Original post by Armaan247
Thanks or letting me know the reason why i am wanting to know really bad is because the cases and deaths are increasing again and if college opens then the virus will start to spread quick again. However if exams go ahead hope I get more information about the they will set the course work and other mock exams, written essays homeworks etc.

It is quite worrying, I understand how you feel. I originally did my first two A levels and L3 BTEC equivalent from 2017-2019, and I don't think we will ever have that level of normality we had back then. I went back to college 2019-2021 to do another 2 A levels and another L3 BTEC equivalent, and yeah it was abnormal as heck with all of this COVID stuff. They may just go ahead with TAG's again if we reach the point we did from November 2020-January 2021 again. My Uni is also oblivious to what is happening for time on campus, as they tried to make everyone spend as much time there last year and then had to close permanently in December 2020 and go online, because 950 students and 60 members of staff all got Covid in just three weeks. It's scary and alarming how quickly things can change for the worst. Don't worry about it, it may work to your advantage if you find TAGS more settling than raw blind examinations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending