The Student Room Group

Visas - 'British Residence Permit Number'

I am a British guy who is applying for a long stay visa in France. I'm filling out my profile on the TLS site and it requires a 'British Residence Permit No.' and as as British citizen, how am I supposed to get this? WHY am I supposed to get this? I've never had to provide this in my life smh
Reply 1
If you are British by birth you won't have a Residence Permit; they are for immigrants. If it's stopping you completing the application you'll need to find a phone or email contact to ask for help.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Surnia
If you are British by birth you won't have a Residence Permit; they are for immigrants. If it's stopping you completing the application you'll need to find a phone or email contact to ask for help.

Thanks for the clarification. Exactly what I thought tbh - I have no idea why I'm being asked for it!
Bro same how did you get past it? gona kms this is just fuelling my francephobia
Original post by alexoondra
Bro same how did you get past it? gona kms this is just fuelling my francephobia

I got my visa in the end. What you need to do is select 'United Kingdom' as the residence, not 'British national' (even if you were born here, raised here and describe yourself as a bloody British national). If you select 'British national', you'll have to put a British residence permit number which you don't have if you're British by birth. However, I selected that one not knowing about the UK option, and a friend told me I had to put my passport number as my permit number. Either way, I still got my visa! Good luck, just persist and keep going. There's this handy document that really helped clarify things for me https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6XRcHpsd6hRzzJ6qV9UkiCIlvTpsDh3/edit
Original post by JosephCiderBwoy
I got my visa in the end. What you need to do is select 'United Kingdom' as the residence, not 'British national' (even if you were born here, raised here and describe yourself as a bloody British national). If you select 'British national', you'll have to put a British residence permit number which you don't have if you're British by birth. However, I selected that one not knowing about the UK option, and a friend told me I had to put my passport number as my permit number. Either way, I still got my visa! Good luck, just persist and keep going. There's this handy document that really helped clarify things for me https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6XRcHpsd6hRzzJ6qV9UkiCIlvTpsDh3/edit

Thank you SO much, that doc is really useful!! I hope they patch up the errors
Original post by alexoondra
Thank you SO much, that doc is really useful!! I hope they patch up the errors

No problem, bon courage !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending