The Student Room Group

Cambridge law applicants 2022

Couldn’t find a thread for law specifically
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1) what are your GCSEs?
2) what do you study at A-level and what are you predicted?
3) why law?
4) why at Cambridge?
5) do you know what college you want to apply to?
6) what have you done outside of your studies to make your application stronger?
7)which other universities are you applying to?

Hopefully there will be a few of us to get involved!
(edited 2 years ago)
Looks like you've created this twice, I've merged the threads for you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Theloniouss
Looks like you've created this twice, I've merged the threads for you :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by vr123
1) what are your GCSEs?
2) what do you study at A-level and what are you predicted?
3) why law?
4) why at Cambridge?
5) do you know what college you want to apply to?
6) what have you done outside of your studies to make your application stronger?
7)which other universities are you applying to?

Hopefully there will be a few of us to get involved!

1) 9888888777
2) Geography, Psychology and Spanish and am predicted A*A*A I think respectively
3) Honestly i dont rlly like any of my a level subjects that much to study at uni so i researched other courses and found law rlly interesting and it also allows a lot of variety of things for you to study and explore so I think I'd rlly enjoy it.
4) again I was never one of these ppl who always knew they wanted to study at Cambridge but after more research I'd acc rlly like to study there as the college system looks rlly fun and the tutorial system also looks like a rlly good way to learn. Cambridge also allows law students to have a year abroad which I'd rlly like to do since I study Spanish
5) Gonville and Caius
6) HE+ programme ran by cambridge (completed a project based around law and watched some lectures on human rights law), did some virtual internships at 2 firms, have read 2 books and also watched some documentaries. Also am doing another project into the legal issues of the Catalonian independence in spain
7) Definitely Bristol then 3 of Warwick, Exeter, Durham, Leeds, UCL
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
1)igcses-A*A*A*AAAAABC
2)economics,business and accounting-A*A*A(Achieved-on a gap year)
3)really like how dynamic it is and also how it influences everyday choices
4)would really enjoy the small grouped supervisions and just generally being taught by tutors who are leaders in their field of research.
5)absolutely no idea but maybe trinity, caius or downing.
6)done a couple of projects around law(no epq cause we didn’t have a choice), read a few books, watched an online court recording.
7)prolly ucl,kcl,Bristol and Warwick
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by H4ttie03
1) 9888888777
2) Geography, Psychology and Spanish and am predicted A*A*A I think respectively
3) Honestly i dont rlly like any of my a level subjects that much to study at uni so i researched other courses and found law rlly interesting and it also allows a lot of variety of things for you to study and explore so I think I'd rlly enjoy it.
4) again I was never one of these ppl who always knew they wanted to study at Cambridge but after more research I'd acc rlly like to study there as the college system looks rlly fun and the tutorial system also looks like a rlly good way to learn. Cambridge also allows law students to have a year abroad which I'd rlly like to do since I study Spanish
5) Gonville and Caius
6) HE+ programme ran by cambridge (completed a project based around law and watched some lectures on human rights law), did some virtual internships at 2 firms, have read 2 books and also watched some documentaries. Also am doing another project into the legal issues of the Catalonian independence in spain
7) Definitely Bristol then 3 of Warwick, Exeter, Durham, Leeds, UCL

Which books?

Also what have you been doing to prepare for the lnat and clt?
Original post by vr123
Which books?

Also what have you been doing to prepare for the lnat and clt?

Rule of Law and Eve was framed, what about you?

I've done the 2 sample lnat tests online so far and am planning on getting arbitio I think. Havent rlly done anything for the clt yet. Wbu?
Reply 8
Rule of Law and Eve was framed, what about you?

I've done the 2 sample lnat tests online so far and am planning on getting arbitio I think. Havent rlly done anything for the clt yet. Wbu?

Haha, have read exactly the same books
I’ve done a few lnat essays and 2 clt ones

Using the ultimate lnat guide(although the questions are on the easier side)

How much did you score in the mcq section?
Original post by vr123
Haha, have read exactly the same books
I’ve done a few lnat essays and 2 clt ones

Using the ultimate lnat guide(although the questions are on the easier side)

How much did you score in the mcq section?

Lmao that's ironic
Yeah I havent done any actual essays yet but I'm pretty confident w essay writing I think but I'll do some nearer the time

I've scored 23 and 21 so far w the sample tests on the lnat website and am gonna do the online test today.
Wbu?
Reply 10
Lmao that's ironic
Yeah I havent done any actual essays yet but I'm pretty confident w essay writing I think but I'll do some nearer the time

I've scored 23 and 21 so far w the sample tests on the lnat website and am gonna do the online test today.
Wbu?

I got 28 on the simulator and 27 in the other paper
Original post by vr123

Damn that's good
When have you booked your lnat?
Reply 12
Original post by vr123

Do you think there’ll be an exponential increase in applicants this year or would it be a normal(considering the number higher grades given in the uk may/June series)
Reply 13
Damn that's good
When have you booked your lnat?

Thanks!, but honestly I was benefited quite a bit from preparing for the Indian law entrance test last year soo..

Haven’t Yet but prolly will for mid December or so, wbu?
Original post by vr123
Do you think there’ll be an exponential increase in applicants this year or would it be a normal(considering the number higher grades given in the uk may/June series)

It's hard to say rlly I guess itll probably be a bit more than normal tbh especially as a lot more ppl will be doing well
Original post by vr123
Thanks!, but honestly I was benefited quite a bit from preparing for the Indian law entrance test last year soo..

Haven’t Yet but prolly will for mid December or so, wbu?

Ah right I see yeah lol nah this is the first entrance test stuff I've done

Are you an international student?

Mines october 20th lol so hopefully itll be enough time to prepare
Reply 16
Ah right I see yeah lol nah this is the first entrance test stuff I've done

Are you an international student?

Mines october 20th lol so hopefully itll be enough time to prepare

Yep, from India and we had to actually write our exams in the March series so that kinda sucked!
Original post by vr123
Yep, from India and we had to actually write our exams in the March series so that kinda sucked!

Damn that sucks, I'm from england so obvs my exams were cancelled in 2020 which was good tbh lol
Hi, what’s the Lnat practice simulator called?
Original post by rosieapplies
Hi, what’s the Lnat practice simulator called?

do u mean arbitio?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending