The Student Room Group

A Levels Subject Ranking

Which A levels are the easiest and popular and which ones are the hardest ? Rank them with the 1st (at the top) being the most easy and you enjoy and the last (at the bottom) being a subject that is hard/ not your favourite.
Reply 1
Original post by unicorngirl15
Which A levels are the easiest and popular and which ones are the hardest ? Rank them with the 1st (at the top) being the most easy and you enjoy and the last (at the bottom) being a subject that is hard/ not your favourite.

I take maths, chem, bio and took physics AS so I'll talk about them.

Easiest:
Chem
Maths
Bio
Phys

Like the most:
Maths
Phys
Bio
Chem

I did two separate lists as you can tell they dont correlate...

It's subjective from person to person though and depending on the teacher and exam board
This won't work at all.

No matter how much STEM enthusiasts trash talk essay based subjects and essay enthusiasts think maths makes their heads hurt, they probably went with the choices best for them.

Anyway,

Mathematics
Physics
Economics
(Chemistry AS)
(Further maths AS)
Original post by Actuvia
I take maths, chem, bio and took physics AS so I'll talk about them.

Easiest:
Chem
Maths
Bio
Phys

Like the most:
Maths
Phys
Bio
Chem

I did two separate lists as you can tell they dont correlate...

It's subjective from person to person though and depending on the teacher and exam board

which exam board are you studying with ? My school does Edexcel mostly (and AQA for languages)
Reply 4
Original post by unicorngirl15
which exam board are you studying with ? My school does Edexcel mostly (and AQA for languages)

Ocr for bio chem maths, I think physics was aqa
Most to least favourite:
English lit
Latin
Maths
French

Easiest to hardest (none are really hard though):
French
Maths
English lit
Latin

I do further maths as well but haven't done enough to judge it yet.
Easiest:
Economics
Maths
Biology
Further Maths
I take Psychology, Sociology and GovPol

Easiest:
Sociology
Psychology
GovPol
I do biology, psychology and chemistry and did AS Level Religious Studies.

Most to least favourite:
Biology
Psychology
Religious Studies
Chemistry

Easiest to hardest:
Psychology
Religious Studies
Biology
Chemistry
Original post by anonasian
Easiest:
Economics
Maths
Biology
Further Maths

hi I’m thinking of doing economics. What exam board did you do? And also what grades did u get for the relevant subjects at GCSE?
Original post by yeahthatonethere
I do biology, psychology and chemistry and did AS Level Religious Studies.

Most to least favourite:
Biology
Psychology
Religious Studies
Chemistry

Easiest to hardest:
Psychology
Religious Studies
Biology
Chemistry

Hi. I have to choose between psychology and rs. I did psychology at GCSE and it was ok. I’m bad at essay subjects but I heard rs is easy. What do you think I should do?
Original post by SomeoneImportant
hi I’m thinking of doing economics. What exam board did you do? And also what grades did u get for the relevant subjects at GCSE?

Hello, this is a 3 year old threat unfortunately. It is very unlikely that they are still active being that they were last seen active in 2019.
Easiest
Chemistry
Maths
Physics

Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Easiest (none were too difficult though :
Sociology
Psychology
Business

Most enjoy (enjoyed them all though):
Business
Sociology
Psychology
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SomeoneImportant
Hi. I have to choose between psychology and rs. I did psychology at GCSE and it was ok. I’m bad at essay subjects but I heard rs is easy. What do you think I should do?

Theyre both very heavily essay based but RS is more essay based than psychology. Neither are easy and which you find easier is often personal, based on your strengths and weaknesses. I couldn't say which one I think you should pick, you know your strengths and interests better than anyone else!

Quick Reply

Latest